Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Edirol R-09 support issue  (Read 1763 times)

Offline el-kabong

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Edirol R-09 support issue
« on: January 16, 2007, 02:44:37 PM »
Edirol support team are ALL camped out at NAMM this entire week so I hope to get an answer from you fine folks;  I can't believe they can't leave at least a skeleton crew/part time for support during NAMM!

I attempted to install the new R-09 firmware using the instructions/text file that is part of the downloaded zip file from Edirol. 
My computer sees both the Edirol R-09 in my connected devices manager but I can only access or edit the SD card files under the "my computer."  The R-09 is nowhere to be seen.

I can't access the root directory for the R-09 from device manager (you can only disconnect or connect hardware) and as far as I can tell, I can't access the R-09 even though it is "connected and working properly."
The edirol text file specifically says to put the sd card in the unit before hooking it up to the USB port.  Is this a typo?  If I take the SD card out, will I be able to see and modify the root directory on the R-09?
I don't wanna damage the unit so I didn't wanna try to wing this one. 

Anyone else have this problem? 

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
Re: Edirol R-09 support issue
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 07:17:19 PM »
The update must be copied to the SD card somehow.  The recorder will run the update from the card.  The recorder will not function (I assume, haven't tried it) without a memory card.

First of all, use the little 64MB card that came with the recorder to do the firmware update. Edirol recommends this vs. using the larger card you probably record to. I'd reformat the card first, too.

How do you normally transfer files from the R-09 to the computer?

If with a card reader, use that to put the unzipped firmware update on the SD card.  Then put the card in the recorder & update.

If with the USB cable connection.  Try the universal computer fix - reboot.  Then attach the recorder via USB & open an explorer window.  Maybe refresh the view if need be. Transfer, disconnect USB, powerdown, update.

Sounds like a Windowz Explorer glitch.  Reboot, Reboot.

Good luck & careful with that input jack..
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline el-kabong

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 06:02:12 PM »
Ah
Thanks.  When it said to place the file in the R-09 root directory I thought it meant in the R-09, not on the sd card.......I will have to look again (and try again). 
The sd card was there...shouldn't be  a prob

Offline el-kabong

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 03:37:57 PM »
Jackpot....ez pz

Put it on sd card through card reader and voila
Now I will be ready for 1.20 :-[

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.374 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com