Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Mic clip for Franken Naks or JB mods.  (Read 2586 times)

Offline ts

• Trade Count: (81)
  • Needs to get out more...
Mic clip for Franken Naks or JB mods.
« on: November 13, 2017, 09:57:36 PM »
What are folks using? I used to have the older Audix D clips and they worked well but it appears they changed them. Unless someone figured out a small clip for the mini xlr binder you need a clip to grab the mic itself which is very short.

Offline boa

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Member
  • crowesbase loves you
    • crowesbase:an.amorican.archive
Re: Mic clip for Franken Naks or JB mods.
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 10:17:48 PM »
What are folks using? I used to have the older Audix D clips and they worked well but it appears they changed them. Unless someone figured out a small clip for the mini xlr binder you need a clip to grab the mic itself which is very short.

Followinbob makes a 20mm clip that works great on the chopped Naks. He charged $48 + $7sh for a pair when he last quoted me. I've been using a pair of Shure doughnuts with no issues.
Microtech Gefell m22 >  Babynbox > Sony m10acm
Microtech Gefell mv200/m21 > Aerco mp2 > Roland r44ocm

Offline ts

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 10:23:42 PM »
Thanks. I’ll check it out.

mfrench

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 11:23:10 PM »
These are a pair of clips that I made from some cheap WindTech (name?) clips. Literally $5 clips.  I cut the more rounded-over feature, and then drilled them to fit an elastic band and cinch collar. I added some adhesive backed foam to support the mics. The elastic cord draws softly but snugly onto the mic and holds it solidly.  They treated the DPA 4028 compact series very well.
Cheap and simple.

Offline ts

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 02:43:59 PM »
These are a pair of clips that I made from some cheap WindTech (name?) clips. Literally $5 clips.  I cut the more rounded-over feature, and then drilled them to fit an elastic band and cinch collar. I added some adhesive backed foam to support the mics. The elastic cord draws softly but snugly onto the mic and holds it solidly.  They treated the DPA 4028 compact series very well.
Cheap and simple.

Thanks Mike! Looks cool. I do have some old mic clips that I definitely wouldn’t have a problem cutting up.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.077 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com