Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: speed correction  (Read 3659 times)

Offline OOK

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • formerly OtherOneK
Re: speed correction
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2005, 06:04:05 PM »
I tried resampling...didn't work....still slow....
I tried the pitch shift with keeping the same length   and that didn't work either....
But changing the pitch with anti alias filter on 2 and the semitones set to +1 and the cents set to 47 it sounds fine.....like it should..........
DPA/HEB 4060's > R09HR
MBHO648/KA100Lk/KA200/KA300/KA500 > SD702

cleantone

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2005, 06:23:46 PM »
I'm not sure your understanding the concept of changing the header data. If you can use soundhack or another program to change the header you might be fine. You have a file that thinks it's 44.1khz but it's actually 48khz. It's outputting 44,100 samples per sec when it should be outputting 48,000. If you tell it it is actually 48khz, it will then putout those samples at 48,000 per sec and the pitch should be fine without processing the data. Then you take the 48khz file and THEN downsample to 44.1k and it will sound normal without the destructive pitch processing. Try this!! Are you on MAC or PC?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2005, 06:27:04 PM by cleantone »

Offline joemango

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2005, 04:32:02 PM »
In sound forge, you can change the sample rate without resampling.  It's in the same dialog box.  Go to Process-Resample and click on "set the sample rate only(do not resample)".   

If what you have is too slow, You are likely listening to a 48KHz recording at 44.1, in which case you just set the rate to 48000 and it will sound fine.  Then you either resample (actual resampling- clear the check box you set in the last step) to 44.1 or save as using the 44.1 output in order to burn to CD.

I've also figured out how to synch two separate sources to the same time scale using this feature and a little math.. I'll post later on that one.

Offline eman

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Return of the Shredi
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2005, 05:08:41 PM »
Once I was trying to slow down an old tape using Soundforge. I used the compress/expand function to get it in tune. However, I realized quickly how destructive the function is. After 2 applications it is very audible and after 3 or 4 it is completely unlistenable like a bad MP3. My advice is to find out exactly what the correction factor is and apply it once if you're doing this kind of thing.
Theologically speaking, the two parties have divided the Seven Deadly Sins as follows: Republicans oppose lust, sloth and envy; Democrats scorn gluttony, greed, wrath and pride. Little progress is reported. -Gene Lyons

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com