Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Maudio duo is a "sleeper"  (Read 2516 times)

Offline illconditioned

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Needs to get out more...
Maudio duo is a "sleeper"
« on: June 11, 2007, 06:23:50 PM »
I just bought an Maudio Duo.

I was surprised to see it has inside, INA163's, and a +/-15V power supply.  Wow, good quality components.  OK, there were some JRC 5532 opamps in there too, but overall very good.

Note that this thing is really only suitable for AC use, since it requires 9V *AC*.  I'm guessing there is a voltage multiplier in there to get something suitable to power the 7815/7915 regulators.

So, where am I using this?  I have a local club where I leave a set of SP C4, Maudio DUo, and a small computer.  An "installed sound" setup for all to use...

Richard
Please DO NOT mail me with tech questions.  I will try to answer in the forums when I get a chance.  Thanks.

Sample recordings at: http://www.soundmann.com.

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I thought I heard.......
Re: Maudio duo is a "sleeper"
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 07:41:25 PM »
always wondered about those...
and the ART preamps as well.

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 08:01:22 PM »
I just bought an Maudio Duo.

I was surprised to see it has inside, INA163's, and a +/-15V power supply.  Wow, good quality components.  OK, there were some JRC 5532 opamps in there too, but overall very good.

Note that this thing is really only suitable for AC use, since it requires 9V *AC*.  I'm guessing there is a voltage multiplier in there to get something suitable to power the 7815/7915 regulators.

So, where am I using this?  I have a local club where I leave a set of SP C4, Maudio DUo, and a small computer.  An "installed sound" setup for all to use...

Richard

Richard I used one of these for my test rig for a long time it has a very good noise floor somewhere around -105 dbA if I remember the preamps are a little noisy if pushed but if you keep the gain below +24 db your ok. I found it worked great and was very reliable.

Chris
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline SmokinJoe

• Trade Count: (63)
  • "75 and sunny"... life is so much simpler.
    • uploads to archive.org
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 10:12:00 PM »
Nick, isn't that what the bartender uses down to the Stone Church with those permanent ATs?  He says he likes it, other than he can't take it portable because it really needs AC.  He runs it in front of a HD-P2... I would have thought the P2 would be perfectly adequate as an all in one, rather than with the M-audio in front of it, but he likes that.
Mics: Schoeps MK4 & CMC5's / Gefell M200's & M210's / ADK-TL / DPA4061's
Pres: V3 / ST9100
Decks: Oade Concert Mod R4Pro / R09 / R05
Photo: Nikon D700's, 2.8 Zooms, and Zeiss primes
Playback: Raspberry Pi > Modi2 Uber > Magni2 > HD650

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I thought I heard.......
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2007, 07:38:43 AM »
beats me.
I know Scott the bartender has a stock 671 that he records with..but i'm not sure if its there all the time or not.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com