Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: now THIS is a room  (Read 8487 times)

Offline Cooker

• Local Crew
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
now THIS is a room
« on: March 10, 2005, 11:22:53 AM »
my apologies if it's already been posted.

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue16/lavigneroom.htm

Offline The Kilted Taper

• Real men wear kilts.
Re: now THIS is a room
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2005, 11:26:24 AM »
What it must be like to have dispossable income!
"The guy who's been dissed, dismissed and demoted so often that he should have officially changed his first name to "Backup." "

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2005, 11:28:05 AM »
that's beautiful...
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline scervin

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2005, 11:43:33 AM »
I hope that house came with its own electric substation.  See those power cords!

sc

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2005, 11:51:34 AM »
jesus

Offline bagtagsell

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Man is condemned to be free- Sartre
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2005, 12:23:06 PM »
if I sold everything I own.  all of my semi-vital organs.  i might be able to hangout with that guy and listen to some music. 
MG200/210>m148>v3>MT2496

*aspiring gear slut of the month year*
"I am the gear slut goo goo g’joob g’goo goo g’joob"

Offline cheshirecat

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2005, 12:33:57 PM »
if I sold everything I own.  all of my semi-vital organs.  i might be able to hangout with that guy and listen to some music

Yeah, but the selfish bastard only put one chair in the room, for another kidney you can sit on the floor.
SB2 / Rega P1 > Modified Dynaco PAS2 > Modified Dynaco MK-IV monoblocks> Axiom M22 v2

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2005, 12:44:22 PM »
[sarcasm]

that room blows.

[\sarcasm]

Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline scervin

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2005, 01:03:50 PM »
Guy must hear better than a dog! So many more worthwhile things to spend that kind of cash on!

Offline ducati

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2005, 01:27:33 PM »
I found his discussion of the measured response of the room quite interesting--on one hand, the room sounds awesome...  On the other hand, the room has a peak and a null that are close to 6db, which should be quite noticeable (well, in a sweep, maybe not in real music).  You can tell by his discourse that he is bothered by it.  Ha.  He should have never had it measured--now his nervosa will have him thinking "what if..."   :D

Very cool to see what you can do with unlimited funds...  And a desire to listen to music instead of be part of your family.  I would never see my wife/dogs/family if I had that room.  A few years ago I got rid of the "dedicated listening room" and it was the best thing I ever did.  Otherwise, I was always holed up in a room with odd soft things placed every which way, listening to tunes like I was a crackhead in need of a fix.  Now I just do it in the confines of a normal domestic household  ;D

Offline scervin

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2005, 01:38:05 PM »
Ducati,

I noticed this as well and wondered why the modeling software did not pick this up?  I'm wondering if the software used by these "designers" takes into acount the various properties of structural components, materials, and boundary conditions.  I assume it takes at least the density into account as well as other linear material properties. My structural codes are much more accurate as 6dB is significant.  You would think his room would be ruler flat with as much money spent (although I'd bet this is nearly impossible).

Offline fsulloway

• Trade Count: (28)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2005, 02:48:49 PM »
Excuse my ignorance but what's the air compressor for the turntable?
schoeps ccm4's, mk4v, mk2h, mk41
AKG ck62, ck63, ck61
Nbob/pfa, Naiant/pfa
SD 10T

"Wilmington, North Carolina....Let us hear your motherf***in' pride!" Patterson Hood 12-09-04

"Just About Unwound From Chasing Down The Sound"

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2005, 03:01:53 PM »
I found his discussion of the measured response of the room quite interesting--on one hand, the room sounds awesome... On the other hand, the room has a peak and a null that are close to 6db, which should be quite noticeable (well, in a sweep, maybe not in real music). You can tell by his discourse that he is bothered by it. Ha. He should have never had it measured--now his nervosa will have him thinking "what if..." :D

Very cool to see what you can do with unlimited funds... And a desire to listen to music instead of be part of your family. I would never see my wife/dogs/family if I had that room. A few years ago I got rid of the "dedicated listening room" and it was the best thing I ever did. Otherwise, I was always holed up in a room with odd soft things placed every which way, listening to tunes like I was a crackhead in need of a fix. Now I just do it in the confines of a normal domestic household ;D

that's amusing... if Howard Hughes was an audiophile :P
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline scervin

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2005, 03:02:16 PM »
It's the latest and greatest pneumatic driven turntable.  Gives that nice airyness to the top end  ;D

Offline wboswell

• Don't call what you're wearing an outfit
    • Trey Woodruff on guitar
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2005, 03:32:54 PM »
I guess this guy doesn't have any friends...

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.07 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com