Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: New Taper Question  (Read 1633 times)

Offline beaufordrummer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
New Taper Question
« on: March 04, 2004, 03:25:23 PM »
Hey. I'm brand new to this taper thing. I'm actually in the process of trying to get some used equipment for cheap.  Right now i have a pretty nice SONY minidisc recorder.  Everyone seems to agreee that sharp is the best for recording this kind of thing.  Would i be sacrificing a lot by keeping my sony and not purchasing a Sharp???  I really am low on cash so i'm trying to keep this cheap.
Dont Burn The Day

Sean

Offline Sean Gallemore

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re:New Taper Question
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2004, 04:43:10 PM »
you'll be fine

Offline Chanher

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Colorado Crew
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2004, 10:43:31 PM »
yes you will be able to record live shows with a Sony. Sharp's biggest advantage is that you can set the levels WHILE you are recording. with sony's, you cannot adjust levels and record at the same time.

however, I am unfamiliar with some of sony's newer models. can anyone shed some light on the newer Sony models?
Line Audio CM4 / AT853Rx (c,h,o) / Studio Projects C4 MKII (c,h,o)
Sound Devices MP-2 / bm2p+ Edirol UA-5
Zoom F3 / F6 / Marantz Oade Warm Mod PMD661 / Tascam DR-70D

Offline shroominhumpy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Team Ghetto Rig--Cheap gear. Sick Tapes.
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2004, 11:27:45 PM »
They are the same as before. Got to pause and go into reclevel, but if you have external gain this isn’t an issue. I use a Sony MZ-N505, it doesn't bother me too much, but I am conservative with the volumes. (I would rather sacrifice a little resolution to make sure I have a useable show). I would expect Sony will stay the same for their HiMD models, but I am not basing that on anything but assumptions.

Jason
If mass communications blend together harmoniously, and often unnoticeably, art, politics, religion, and philosophy with commercials, they bring these realms of culture to their common denominator—the commodity form. The music of the soul is also the music of salesmanship.
Herbert Marcuse

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.076 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com