Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Masters?  (Read 6825 times)

Offline Mr.Fantasy

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Jesus saves...
Re: Masters?
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2008, 03:24:14 AM »
Alright...that is actually what I do already so it is good to know I got lucky and don't have to go back and fix a bunch of stuff...

Ok....SBE understood/ignored...

Now...am I mistaken, or does FLAC Frontend not do 24 bit encoding? Or is it that is won't do 24/48?

Also, so most of you, in the end/at the point where you archive the music only to never listen to it again due to sheer volume, .... what formats do you keep available? a 34/48 Flac of the RAW data, a 24/48 of the Mastered data, a 16/44.1 flac or wav???? for burning cds? What all is included in a normal "text file", is that where I put the recording info and equipment, setlist, flingerprint? <- is this an actual number or something? Or is it its own file?

Also what program do you prefer for burning Cd's?

Whew...

"I read somewhere that 77 percent of all the mentally ill live in poverty. Actually, I'm more intrigued by the 23 percent who are apparently doing quite well for themselves" ---Jerry Garcia

Mics: Modified Nak 300's, Line Audio CM4
P48/Pres: PS2
Decks: Edirol R-09

Offline kindms

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • The Breakfast
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2008, 02:38:11 PM »
Alright...that is actually what I do already so it is good to know I got lucky and don't have to go back and fix a bunch of stuff...

Ok....SBE understood/ignored...

Now...am I mistaken, or does FLAC Frontend not do 24 bit encoding? Or is it that is won't do 24/48?

Also, so most of you, in the end/at the point where you archive the music only to never listen to it again due to sheer volume, .... what formats do you keep available? a 34/48 Flac of the RAW data, a 24/48 of the Mastered data, a 16/44.1 flac or wav???? for burning cds? What all is included in a normal "text file", is that where I put the recording info and equipment, setlist, flingerprint? <- is this an actual number or something? Or is it its own file?

Also what program do you prefer for burning Cd's?

Whew...

flac frontend will encode 24/48 no problem. I do it all them time.

If I am going to dig out an old recording I grab either the DVD-A (24/48) Mastered or the 24/48 FLAC Mastered files depending on where I want to listen etc.

The flac fingerprints are the checksums of the fies. they can be included in your text file. I usually save it as its own file. The text file should include the band name, date of the recording, source info, transfer info, a setlist if u have one ( I have many recordings that I have no idea of the track names) and any notes that you find important.

For audio CDs I have been using wavelab 5. For all the data burns I just use EZ CD creator.
AKG c426, AKG414 XLS/ST, AKG ck61, ck22, >nBob colettes >PFA > V3, SD MixPre >  TCM-Mod Tascam HDP2, Sony M10
Little Bear tube Pre >Outlaw Audio 2200 Monoblocks > VR-2's

Offline landshark

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2008, 03:51:24 PM »
Wow, RobertNC, that was one of the clearest explanations of just about anything I've seen in a long time.  I don't use FLAC (maybe I should), but I still enjoyed seeing something explained that well.  +T my man!

Mike
AKG 461's / 463's OR Senn MKH 8040's > MR1000 (Busman mod) or Shure FP24 (aka MixPre) > MR1 (open)
Coresounds Binaurals > CChurch 9100 > MR1 OR AKG CK1x/2x/3x > Deneke P20 > MR1 (low profile)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.062 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com