Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: MicroTrack 24/96 Beta 1.2.0  (Read 47479 times)

Offline neutrino

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • **Team Chicago**
Re: MicroTrack 24/96 Beta 1.2.0
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2005, 09:24:18 PM »
i updated firmware last night.  used the mt to record my radio show today.   v-3 > mt.
meters seem to be working much better.  my time remaining wasn't right  running 16/44 it said i had 2:39 left on an empty 6 gig microdrive.
they might not have gotten the time remaining bug fixed.
but good to see m-audio getting updates out pretty quickly.

The time remaining, which counts backward in the record window is the time remaining until you hit the 2gb limit, not the time available on your media. You have to go under RECORD SETTINGS > REC TIME AVAILABLE to view total time available on your media.

-Quote from firmware v1.2.0 README
"Record time available in main screen counts down from the lesser of space available, or 2GB file limit."

CA14/OM14 > A10
Sony SBM-1 Oade mod

Offline JasonSobel

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • My show list
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2005, 09:28:06 PM »
i updated firmware last night.  used the mt to record my radio show today.   v-3 > mt.
meters seem to be working much better.  my time remaining wasn't right  running 16/44 it said i had 2:39 left on an empty 6 gig microdrive.
they might not have gotten the time remaining bug fixed.
but good to see m-audio getting updates out pretty quickly.

The time remaining, which counts backward in the record window is the time remaining until you hit the 2gb limit, not the time available on your media. You have to go under RECORD SETTINGS > REC TIME AVAILABLE to view total time available on your media.

-Quote from firmware v1.2.0 README
"Record time available in main screen counts down from the lesser of space available, or 2GB file limit."

that's all well and good, but he said it was an empty 6 gig card.  so the 2 gig should limit things.  he also said that his settings were at 16/44.1.  at that bit depth/sample rate, you shouldn't hit 2 gigs until more than 3 hours of record time, not 2:39...

Offline ghibliss

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2005, 09:39:06 PM »
I just  updated my firmware this afternoon and performed a test to check if the update fixed the meters as well as the display for the remaining time indicator for the CF card installed.  My Microtrack displayed 2 hours 6 minutes for the 4 GB card which I installed when selecting 24 bit at 44.1.  I was able to observe the meters fucntioning properly at various spl levels for the entire test period which was for the length of the file 2 hours and 6 minutes.  The Microtrack correctly closed the file after the 2 hour 6 minute time had elapsed and saved it before closing the file.    I recorded at a variety of spl levels and regardless of the settings used the MT appeared to perform without a glitch..

It would seem that the major problems have been addressed with this update.  Hopefully the balance of the issues with this device (which in my opinion are fairly trivial) will be addressed in future updates.  I am presently using a Coresound Mic 2496 mic preamplifier a/d convertor with a pair of DPA 4061 microphones.  I have used this settup via the coaxial spdif input on the Micortrack to record a few concerts so far with excellent results.  The only issue which I was concerned with was the reamaining file time idicator.  The meters although an important feature for some is meaningless to me as I use the meters on my preamplifier with excellent results.

Cliff
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 09:49:46 PM by ghibliss »

Offline deadheaded

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Kind Kables
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2005, 09:41:44 PM »
well i have transfered my radio show recording and had a couple of weird things happen.
as stated before the time remaining should have been over 3 hours at my 16/44 settings per the 2 gig limit.
now for the weird things i ran the recording for 2 hours 10 minutes, but the recorded time was only 1:59.
the v-3 was set at 16/44 but the file was recorded at 48k and it is sped up.  it sounds like the chipmunks singing the 5/8/77 scarlet begonias.
then i converted the sample rate to 44k with cool edit pro and it sounds totally normal.

WTF?

thanks
ed
If it's worth getting off the couch, it's worth taping!

Offline chitaper

• Taperssection Regular
  • Taper. Skeptic.
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2005, 09:57:24 PM »
well i have transfered my radio show recording and had a couple of weird things happen.
as stated before the time remaining should have been over 3 hours at my 16/44 settings per the 2 gig limit.
now for the weird things i ran the recording for 2 hours 10 minutes, but the recorded time was only 1:59.
the v-3 was set at 16/44 but the file was recorded at 48k and it is sped up.  it sounds like the chipmunks singing the 5/8/77 scarlet begonias.
then i converted the sample rate to 44k with cool edit pro and it sounds totally normal.

WTF?

thanks
ed
Did you change the sample rate on the V3 after you started recording on the MT? Did you try just changing the header info before resampling?

Offline deadheaded

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Kind Kables
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2005, 10:09:28 PM »
no changes during the recording.
ii've never tried to change the header, i just tell cd wave not change anything.
also listened to the recording on the mt on my stereo and it is sped up on the file on the mt.
If it's worth getting off the couch, it's worth taping!

Offline alienbobz

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2005, 11:57:34 PM »
I had that same problem a couple of weeks ago. One set came out 24/88.2 when it should of been 24/48. What I did was open the wav file, save it as a .raw sound file, then pick the right settings (24/48), and it sounds fine. I then saved the .raw as a .wav. after that.
-Out of the game for a bit, probably forever-

Audio Setup:
Apogee Mini-MP
Zoom H6

Video Setup:
Canon Vixia HF G20
Rode NTG-2
Azden SGM-1X

Misc:
Behringer C-2s, Marshall MXL 1006BPs, Naiant MSH-1s

Offline timewasajoke

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2005, 12:56:44 AM »
i'm running 10.4.3 on this imac and can't seem to get the update to open. on the m-audio web page it only lists updates for 10.4.2, 10.4.1 and 10.3.9.  do i need to try this on my office machine that is running 10.4.2 ro am i just doing something wrong?

Offline fuzn

• Taperssection Regular
  • Don't be weird about it.
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2005, 07:40:23 AM »
I am very surprised that you can still turn this thing off in hold mode... Anyways, i'm happy they made it so phantom power can't turn on/off in hold mode, that's a great one. I've had the level meters crap out on me a few times, so that's a HUGE plus as well. These guys are getting there, that is for sure.
DPA 4061s > SP-MicroTrack Dongle > M-Audio MicroTrack

Offline JasonSobel

• Trade Count: (8)
    • My show list
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2005, 10:32:32 AM »
has anyone run 24 bit S/PDIF tests?  channel flip-flops?  24/96 capabilities??  I won't have a chance to test these out until after Thanksgiving.  but if no one has tested it by then, I certainly will be happy to do it.  (actually, I'll probably run several 24 bit S/PDIF tests anyway, just because I like to see how it works for myself :) )

Offline udovdh

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2005, 10:41:41 AM »
I am very surprised that you can still turn this thing off in hold mode... Anyways, i'm happy they made it so phantom power can't turn on/off in hold mode, that's a great one. I've had the level meters crap out on me a few times, so that's a HUGE plus as well. These guys are getting there, that is for sure.
Yes, looks promising, but things are still a progressing a bit too slow for me.
For me the 2GB issue has priority.

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2005, 11:29:19 AM »
The time to move between menus seems improved.

But it seems like they changed the sensitivity of the nav button.  Now it often moves two places with only a slight press.. Yeah, they've added some kind of fast auto repeat to the button that is set too fast..

Once again, I am not at all impressed with their usability testing. You should be able to operate the unit in complete darkless with no fear of it doing unexpected things. The new button repeat is insanely fast (the delay before repeat begins is too short). I noticed this within SECONDS of using the new firmware.  How they miss stuff like this in testing boggles the mind.

Offline lstelie

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2005, 11:39:54 AM »
i'm running 10.4.3 on this imac and can't seem to get the update to open. on the m-audio web page it only lists updates for 10.4.2, 10.4.1 and 10.3.9.  do i need to try this on my office machine that is running 10.4.2 ro am i just doing something wrong?

Hello,

I'm on a 10.4.3 G5 and the update went fine

Luc

Offline timewasajoke

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2005, 12:00:21 PM »

Hello,

I'm on a 10.4.3 G5 and the update went fine

Luc

i just updated the firmware for the mt on my office 10.4 G5 imac with no problem. i wonder what was up with my system 10.4.3 machine? i could get the update to download but when i attempted to open it i was asked to choose a application but nothing was listed in my options to create the folder i needed. Where on this 10.4 machine it created a microtrack v1 folder with one click with every thing i needed to successfully update my unit.

Offline udovdh

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2005, 12:23:21 PM »
Once again, I am not at all impressed with their usability testing. You should be able to operate the unit in complete darkless with no fear of it doing unexpected things. The new button repeat is insanely fast (the delay before repeat begins is too short). I noticed this within SECONDS of using the new firmware.  How they miss stuff like this in testing boggles the mind.

I.o.w: We want user settable repeat rate/delay parameters!  :) ;D :)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.082 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com