Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: So ... recording with the iRiver. finally feasable?  (Read 44547 times)

Offline Weazel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • sp-cmc-8-> DIY BB -> Iriver IHP120 (rockbox)
Re: So ... recording with the iRiver. finally feasable?
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2006, 08:17:57 AM »
hi finchy i see you found your way here..

nope that's quite it. analog recording will as i understand never go above the 44.1/16. but that it's ok by me it still beats MD.
rockbox is just great. and many features added.

btw whatboutbob, a member here  made also a rockbox recording.
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=75693

Foo Fighters
December 6, 2005
Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne

Taper: whatboutbob

Source: sp-cmc-10s (at853 hypers) > sp-sb6 > iRiver H140 digital audio player (rockbox line-in)
Conversion: iRiver H140 > USB > Adobe Audition > CDWav 1.94.3 > FLAC Frontend 1.7.1 (Level 8)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2006, 08:24:53 AM by Weazel »
-[ pop goes the weazel ...]-

Offline Popmarter

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Live Music Archive
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2006, 09:42:16 AM »
maybe not a question for this forum, but interesting for tapers.

is it possible to create custom made WPS for the record-mode? what i mean, large levels, batteryindex, remaining recordtime etc. those things are usefull for us tapers and since it is possble to change the layout..any clues?
Recorders: Zoom F3; SD MixPre 3 II; Sony A10; Edirol R44; Sony M10; Sony WM-D6; iRiver IHP-120; Sharp MD-MT20; Sharp MD-MT190
Microphones: Schoeps MK41; Nevaton MC59/S (cards); Milab VM-44 Links (cards), AT853 7.4mod (cards); AT831 (cards); Nakamichi CM300 (all CP's); Soundman OKM II Rock Studios
Preamps: Beyerdynamic MV100; JK Laboratories DVC-X-17b; Naiant IPA; Nakamichi MX-100 modded for 9v battery use ; Baby Nbox

Offline Weazel

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2006, 10:38:12 AM »
not yet. maybe you can alter the source if you know C programming.

Offline Popmarter

• Taperssection Member
    • Live Music Archive
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2006, 10:44:22 AM »
i don't. haven't found any information on this either, but i will try to sort it out when i have my recorder  ;)
Recorders: Zoom F3; SD MixPre 3 II; Sony A10; Edirol R44; Sony M10; Sony WM-D6; iRiver IHP-120; Sharp MD-MT20; Sharp MD-MT190
Microphones: Schoeps MK41; Nevaton MC59/S (cards); Milab VM-44 Links (cards), AT853 7.4mod (cards); AT831 (cards); Nakamichi CM300 (all CP's); Soundman OKM II Rock Studios
Preamps: Beyerdynamic MV100; JK Laboratories DVC-X-17b; Naiant IPA; Nakamichi MX-100 modded for 9v battery use ; Baby Nbox

Offline Weazel

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2006, 10:44:59 AM »
better ask in the rockbox forum heh

Offline FINCHY

• Taperssection Newbie
  • www.jbtlive.com
    • JBT Live
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2006, 01:35:38 AM »
I'm not sure if everyone here understands or not, but I think the main point is that the iRiver H300 series has never been able to record in WAV format! (up until last month's Rockbox release). H100's have always had WAV Rec support so that's nothing special... But for the H300 this is a huge step up making it one of the best overall choices for live taping!

Apart from the lack of digital input I believe the H300's are much better than the H100's... as an overall unit you can't beat: color screen, photos, video, usbotg, & an almost endless potential with Rockbox plugins. & although the H300's are slightly thicker, they are also shorter (in height) which helps when carrying it in your pocket or jacket. (& also no annoying & obtrusive joystick).

Btw, nope I don't work for iRiver, & I don't care about the brand names, I just care about functionality & features :) Anyway in regards to the original subject: H100's have always been the best choice, but now the H300's are an even better choice (when no digital input is required).

CSC > iRiver H340 (w/ Rockbox)

Offline ljsurfer2002

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2006, 02:10:29 AM »
thanks mate for the scoop! .. i was actually hoping you'd pop up here, since it was your recording I copy / pasted to start the thread ;) .. and i'm with you .. i don't need digi input with my at831 > batt box set up .. so if my nomad ever crapps out, the iRiver it is! .. glad they finally got the rockbox jiving on that baby..

how are things down under? ..

tyler
If you have a problem relating to the Live Music Archive: http://www.archive.org/details/etree please PM me and/or send an e-mail to us admins at etree(AT)archive(DOT)org and we'll get on it asap

Audio Technica 831 (AT831) > Sound Pro standard batt-box > Nomad Jukebox 3
It's a n00b rig, but I still love it, 5 years later! I have no desire whatsoever to 'upgrade'. I figure it does a good enough job doing the task I want it to do (recording the music) so i'd rather take that $1000 and use it elsewhere... ;)

Offline thomasdk7

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2006, 01:20:23 PM »
fyi: I have just implemented remote support for the recording screen. It is really homemade, but it does work. This is for all the tapers who really need the remote.
Now you can check your levels and set the recording level from the remote! I have always dreamed of this on my Minidisc.

Offline Popmarter

• Taperssection Member
    • Live Music Archive
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2006, 02:45:21 PM »
fyi: I have just implemented remote support for the recording screen. It is really homemade, but it does work. This is for all the tapers who really need the remote.
Now you can check your levels and set the recording level from the remote! I have always dreamed of this on my Minidisc.

does it work with the iriver 120? where can we download it?

Offline thomasdk7

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2006, 02:51:34 PM »
It is made for the iRiver 120, but I don't know how to distribute it. I would like someone to integrate it into the official Rockbox.
If you can compile rockbox yourself I can send the source code for the changes.

Offline Popmarter

• Taperssection Member
    • Live Music Archive
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2006, 02:53:44 PM »
It is made for the iRiver 120, but I don't know how to distribute it. I would like someone to integrate it into the official Rockbox.
If you can compile rockbox yourself I can send the source code for the changes.

no i ca't but i am definitly intrested in it, as more people here is guess.
can you make some pics of the remote in action??

Offline Weazel

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2006, 07:17:58 PM »
thomas better talk to linus on irc how to submit that patch.

Offline Popmarter

• Taperssection Member
    • Live Music Archive
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2006, 02:54:21 AM »
indeed, thomas, please get in touch

I am a happy Iriver owner now too  ;D

Offline udovdh

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2006, 03:09:12 AM »
To get the complete picture:

What remote? A DIY kit or a COTS product?
I'll look into the iRivers (again). I had an eye on a 220 some time ago but they were slow in fixing bugs...

Offline Popmarter

• Taperssection Member
    • Live Music Archive
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2006, 03:21:03 AM »
To get the complete picture:

What remote? A DIY kit or a COTS product?
I'll look into the iRivers (again). I had an eye on a 220 some time ago but they were slow in fixing bugs...

Not sure what you mean by that, but pictures of the remote can be found http://www.rasher.dk/rockbox/scans/

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.07 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com