Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Microtrack 24/96 Firmware 1.4.3 released  (Read 20195 times)

J.T.L

• Trade Count: (0)
Microtrack 24/96 Firmware 1.4.3 released
« on: August 01, 2006, 11:44:37 PM »
http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=support.drivers&k=firmware&b=1&s=6&p=196cc4c35a380d800a80448f139bcfe7&o=15&f=739

Changes from v1.4.0 to v1.4.3:

- Added a dialog (with animation) to notify a user when a file deletion is taking place.
- Added animation to the Writing file dialog to show its progressing.
- When manually stopping a recording, if a second recording was started while the first was still being saved, the second recording wouldn't save to disk. Fixed.

Note about deleting files:

We have seen that some media can cause the MicroTrack 24/96 appear to be frozen or stalled when you delete a large file. We have now added a dialog that shows you that the file deletion is taking place (a dialog with an animated hourglass). The delete process can take up to several minutes to complete depending on the size of the file being deleted (the longer the file the longer the time it will take) and the particular media being used. While it is completing, you will not be able to begin a new recording. Because of this, we recommend that if you know that you will be needing to begin a recording quickly, and you need to free up some space on your media, that you delete the files well ahead of the time of your recording session. Even on the fastest media, deleting the largest files (2GB) can take up to 30 seconds to complete. On our worst tested case we found media that took as long as 5 minutes to complete (though the overwhelming majority were much faster than this). Also, as a general rule, it will take longer to delete files from Microdrive based media than from compact flash media.

Tip: You can press the REC button while the file is being deleted and the MicroTrack will begin recording as soon as it finishes the delete operation (if you press the REC button a second time while the file is still being deleted, the recording will be aborted).

Offline morningdew

• Taperssection Member
Re: Microtrack 24/96 Firmware 1.4.3 released
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 11:52:43 PM »
Yeah,

I saw this as well today.  It just looks like they took 1.4.1b9 out of beta and made it an official release.  I put it on my MT and did a few simple tests with no issues.

Everyone who owns a MT and uses S/PDIF needs to email them and request that they change it so you can monitor the recording with headphones when using the S/PDIF.

I'm not sure if this is possible but if firmware could fix it, I'd be all set.

Offline detroit lightning

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 11:58:23 PM »
Yeah,

I saw this as well today.  It just looks like they took 1.4.1b9 out of beta and made it an official release.  I put it on my MT and did a few simple tests with no issues.

Everyone who owns a MT and uses S/PDIF needs to email them and request that they change it so you can monitor the recording with headphones when using the S/PDIF.

that would be nice, and seemingly easy...

pretty happy with the levels though - they were right on with my sbm1/spdif in when i used it this wknd

Offline udovdh

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 12:46:05 AM »
Even the simple 2GB fix did not go in. (2.000.000.000 versus 2**31)
They must be really confused.

Offline BC

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Bongo Bongo
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 01:20:39 AM »

I am guessing this might be more complicated than just firmware, b/c my USBPre (from Sound Devices) was the same way, no headphone monitoring when taking SPDIF in. Must have to do with separate digital and analog signal paths inside, I am guessing for analog in they can just pipe it to the headphone out. For SPDIF in they would need D>A conversion going on at the same time to enable monitoring.
In: DPA4022>V3>Microtracker/D8

Out: Morrison ELAD>Adcom GFA555mkII>Martin Logan Aerius i

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006, 10:13:25 AM »

- When manually stopping a recording, if a second recording was started while the first was still being saved, the second recording wouldn't save to disk. Fixed.
has anyone tested this yet?
just wondering how much time it "cuts" off vs having to wait to start a new recording in 1.4.0
seems like you could stop and start right away now and only miss 3 or 4 sec compaired to 6 or 7
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

Offline morningdew

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 10:23:41 AM »
Using 1.4.3

That was on of my simple tests I mentioned above.  I talked in to my mics, checking left and right, checking the levels, etc. for about 2 mintues and then said "3...2...1...go" on go I hit record twice and started counting "one thousand one, etc." and when I played back the second recording it picked me up just before I finished one thousand seven.

So in my highly scientific testing it worked great and took about 6-7 seconds to save the first file and start a second.  This is great for me.  I've never recorded a gig which had an encore less than seven seconds and I've never recorded a show where I couldn't find a break between songs that was less than 7 seconds.

I haven't tried it manually but I dont' see how you can do it any faster manually than you could do it using the hit the record twice feature.  Maybe I'll try it manually in the next few days but I doubt it.  I really gains me nothing.  Tap, tap, done.  For me this is how I'll always do it.

Of course I'll use manual between sets when bands take extended breaks but to get by the 2 hour limit, I will just use the tap, tap.  6-7 seconds is plenty fast enough for me.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 10:27:28 AM by morningdew »

Offline rodeen

• Trade Count: (34)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Harmonica Man!
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2006, 11:32:32 AM »
Thanks for testing.  Since I have control issues I'd rather do the "tap-tap" and force a split at a time of
my choosing rather than an autosplit.  Best case would be not to loose anthing but I can live with 6-7 secs.

"It's never too late to have a happy childhood!"
[LMA]: http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22odeen%22&sort=-date

Offline dallman

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Clifford Morse
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2006, 04:50:29 PM »
Thanks for testing.  Since I have control issues I'd rather do the "tap-tap" and force a split at a time of
my choosing rather than an autosplit.  Best case would be not to loose anthing but I can live with 6-7 secs.

What was it again, "record tap-power button tap??" No I know it was something easier. I'll keep practicing....Maybe if I write "tap" in red on each hand, before the show ;D

Seriously, does anyone know if it is necessary to upgrade from the beta 1.4.1b9 to this version? Specifically are they indeed exact, or is it worth re-doing? Any thoughts?
Support Live Music: Tape A Show Today!
Deck>possibly something here> Mics

Offline rodeen

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Harmonica Man!
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2006, 06:23:12 PM »
Cliff you should know this one.  You have to key in the word "T-A-P" in Morse code using the
record button to get a file split   ;)

Here we go:    -   .-   .--.

Then you can ham it up at shows...

Offline Chris K

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Bound to cover just a little more ground
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2006, 09:57:13 AM »
anyone know if its ok to upgrade to this newest firmware directly from verion 1.2.3? or should i update to all the other versions in progression?

thanks
chris k
My gear: JK Labs AKG DVC > M10
              AKG 460 ck61/ck62/ck63 > DR-70D

A live concert to me is exciting because of all the electricity that is generated in the crowd and on stage. It's my favorite part of the business, live concerts.
-Elvis Presley

Offline jtessier

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2006, 10:14:26 AM »
anyone know if its ok to upgrade to this newest firmware directly from verion 1.2.3? or should i update to all the other versions in progression?

thanks
chris k

It's a complete replacement firmware. You can upgrade directly to 1.4.3 from any previous version.

J.T.

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2006, 12:25:57 PM »
thanks for the record testing
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

Offline dallman

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Clifford Morse
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2006, 03:55:59 PM »
Cliff you should know this one.  You have to key in the word "T-A-P" in Morse code using the
record button to get a file split   ;)

Here we go:    -   .-   .--.

Then you can ham it up at shows...

- , .... , .- , -. , -.- , ... ! ;)
Support Live Music: Tape A Show Today!
Deck>possibly something here> Mics

Offline rodeen

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Harmonica Man!
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2006, 04:37:00 PM »
- , .... , .- , -. , -.- , ... ! ;)

Anytime!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.073 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com