Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Microtrack 24/96 Firmware 1.4.3 released  (Read 20197 times)

Offline gmm6797

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Schoeps MK4 > nBoxPlat > Sony A10/SDMixPre6/SD 722
    • Homepage
Re: Microtrack 24/96 Firmware 1.4.3 released
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2006, 10:15:12 PM »
I taped BT back on the 11th with the MT and a Delkin (no not Belkin) at 24/96 and had no issued... but have also not had time to convert it to CD.

The Delkin is a Pro level 8gb CF card, if anyone is antsy for any results, let me know and Ill try and convert it later tonight or tomorrow.

Offline WiFiJeff

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I tape therefore I am.
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2006, 02:59:38 PM »
Looks like my MT 24/96 issue was the Sandisk card after all.  A new Sandisk 8GB card works fine.  Now to find out from Sandisk why a card that works fine at 24/96 in a SD722 and 24/44.1 in an Edirol R1 won't do 24 bits in a MT.  Damn.

Jeff

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2006, 07:28:14 AM »
could i have some help on charging in 1.4.3 please

when i hook up the the comp i see the battery level moving up and then it does it over and over
i thought once it got to be full it would change to CHG for 1 hr then turn into a plug????
once a plug it would not be charging anymore
mine has been "charging" for 10 hrs and is showing a "battery" icon (no longer moving just a battery icon thats shows it to be approx 90% full)
i turned it on were it says files/record settings and so on and it turned to the CHG icon

is it working correct?
thanks

PS mine now does auto split ok
« Last Edit: August 26, 2006, 08:12:36 AM by willndmb »
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

Offline guysonic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • WISDOM FOR ALL TIMES
    • Sonic Studios DSM Stereo-Surround Microphone Systems
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2006, 03:19:07 PM »
could i have some help on charging in 1.4.3 please

when i hook up the the comp i see the battery level moving up and then it does it over and over
i thought once it got to be full it would change to CHG for 1 hr then turn into a plug????
once a plug it would not be charging anymore
mine has been "charging" for 10 hrs and is showing a "battery" icon (no longer moving just a battery icon thats shows it to be approx 90% full)
i turned it on were it says files/record settings and so on and it turned to the CHG icon

is it working correct?
thanks

PS mine now does auto split ok

Mine seems to do the same as you report.

As long as the icon is not moving, then the battery is fully charged, or very nearly so as keeping the charge connection may add another 5% or so in few hours time. 

If you unplug, and quickly reconnect, the new firmware keeps the charger from immediately starting another charging cycle that might overcharge, and damage the battery, so this is an improvement for those trying to 'top off' a freshly fully charged battery to maybe damage the cells with too much too soon.

I think the CHG icon means battery has been fully charged, but the external power/charger is connected.
"mics? I no got no mics!  Besides, I no have to show you no stink'n mics!" stxxlth taper's disclaimer

DSM HRTF STEREO-SURROUND RECORDING SYSTEMS WEBSITE: http://www.sonicstudios.com

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2006, 03:32:41 PM »
thanks +t
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2006, 08:56:49 AM »
I upgraded my microtrack to 1.4.3 last night and ran it out of the v3 for billy joe shaver.  I'd been holding off on the upgrade for a lonnnggg time to give things a chance to stabilize and because I didn't want to learn new 'quirks'.

The show went over 2 hours even before the encore. They never left the stage before the encore and they kept right on talking.  So I had to sit there and stress about where I was going to lose part of the show to get around the 2GB limit.. That started around 1:40.   Meanwhile, the r09 beside the microtrack just kept going...  And I wondered why I didn't use the 722 to do this v3 digi vs. v3>r09 comp.

At 1:55, I had to go for it and restart the microtrack recording. Needless to say, I was pissed that I lost part of the show due to the microtrack's 2GB limit.  And when I did do the save it took FOREVER.  That slow save is just incredibly weak ass programming by m-audio or whatever company actually owns the microtrack development.

The v3 is a great digi out device...  It is just sad that the mt is the only small 24 bit digi out device.

So other than losing part of the show the microtrack worked great!

Offline JoeKiller

• Taperssection Member
  • Duo!
    • JoeKiller.com
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2006, 09:54:03 AM »
At 1:55, I had to go for it and restart the microtrack recording. Needless to say, I was pissed that I lost part of the show due to the microtrack's 2GB limit. 

Lost part of show = mt screwed up or tape flip?  If it was just a tape flip, try ye ole flip earlier.
spc4>mme>mt

Archive List

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2006, 10:30:15 AM »
At 1:55, I had to go for it and restart the microtrack recording. Needless to say, I was pissed that I lost part of the show due to the microtrack's 2GB limit. 

Lost part of show = mt screwed up or tape flip?  If it was just a tape flip, try ye ole flip earlier.

Tape flip earlier = loss of part of show.

My hope in waiting was to get it at the encore break to avoid that loss..  The show did end very shortly after.

Somewhat ironic: my friends taping to DAT had 3 hour tapes and no flip.  I went from a jb3 to a 722, so continuous recording has mostly been the norm. 

It is just funny when vendors pump the microtrack (and their AD products) here and repeatedly try and downplay the 2gb limit by suggesting that almost no shows go 2 hours.

I guess at this point in my life I'm not interested in dealing with products that *COULD* and should record continuously but do not due to poor engineering/poor vendor/etc.

Offline Todd R

• Over/Under on next gear purchase: 2 months
  • Trade Count: (29)
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2006, 12:33:27 PM »

My hope in waiting was to get it at the encore break to avoid that loss..  The show did end very shortly after.

Somewhat ironic: my friends taping to DAT had 3 hour tapes and no flip.  I went from a jb3 to a 722, so continuous recording has mostly been the norm. 

It is just funny when vendors pump the microtrack (and their AD products) here and repeatedly try and downplay the 2gb limit by suggesting that almost no shows go 2 hours.

I guess at this point in my life I'm not interested in dealing with products that *COULD* and should record continuously but do not due to poor engineering/poor vendor/etc.

On the DAT issue, to be fair and compare apples to apples, the DAT recording was at 16 bits.  With my MT at 16 bits, I can record about 3:23 continuously -- longer than any DAT or DDS tape I was comfortable running in my DAT decks.

I agree though, it is pretty sad with all this new gear coming out that nothing besides the MT fits into the DAT category for me, with an upgrade to 24 bits.  Too large, too expensive, not a digital input.  I just want a small, relatively inexpensive, reliable, 24-bit recorder/bit bucket.  R09 doesn't fit the bill due to their poor engineering/marketing decision to not include digital input.  The 722 doesn't fit the bill either since it is way too expensive for my needs, and I really, really do not want to have to have a bigger bag just for a bit bucket for my V3.  What I want is the solid state/HD & 24-bit version of the M1, but as of yet, only the MT is in that category.
Mics: Microtech Gefell m20/m21 (nbob/pfa actives), Line Audio CM3, Church CA-11 cards
Preamp:  none <sniff>
Recorders:  Sound Devices MixPre-6, Sony PCM-M10, Zoom H4nPro

Offline anhisr

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2006, 02:22:16 PM »
ditto
Audio: Neumann KM 100> 20, 30, 40, 43 or 50 > V3 > MT II (love that M/S)
Still Camera Body: Canon D5 Mark II
Canon Lenses:  16-35mm f2.8L II USM; 28-135mm f3.5-5.6 IS USM; 70-200mm f2.8L IS USM
Video Canon HF R30

archive  http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/anhisr

Offline guysonic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • WISDOM FOR ALL TIMES
    • Sonic Studios DSM Stereo-Surround Microphone Systems
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2006, 03:09:35 PM »

The 722 doesn't fit the bill either since it is way too expensive for my needs, and I really, really do not want to have to have a bigger bag just for a bit bucket for my V3.  What I want is the solid state/HD & 24-bit version of the M1, but as of yet, only the MT is in that category.
[/quote]

Other than the expense, I would thinik the 722 IS THE SOLUTION for those used to carrying the V3 around.  The SD-722 has an EXCELLENT QUALITY MIC AMP and A/D processor that should at least equal the performance of the V3, or so I would think? Expecially for those recording PA'd venues?

In other words, the 722 seems quite acceptable as THE all-in-one deck for V3 users to just connect up the usual mics or direct board feed?
"mics? I no got no mics!  Besides, I no have to show you no stink'n mics!" stxxlth taper's disclaimer

DSM HRTF STEREO-SURROUND RECORDING SYSTEMS WEBSITE: http://www.sonicstudios.com

Offline Todd R

• Over/Under on next gear purchase: 2 months
  • Trade Count: (29)
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2006, 05:41:49 PM »
Really this becomes highly subjective and highly personal.  When I mentioned the 722, I meant it from the standpoint of a digital bit bucket for my V3.  This is the case where I find it overkill. 

I love both the sound and the operation/ergonomics of the V3 and don't want to get rid of it from my system -- I just need something to capture the bits it outputs.  I have heard enough from the 722 that I'm pretty confident that I wouldn't want to use it a a single box solution (don't like the sound of its low end for example).  If someone likes the sound of the 722 as an all-in-one box, it is a great solution. 
Mics: Microtech Gefell m20/m21 (nbob/pfa actives), Line Audio CM3, Church CA-11 cards
Preamp:  none <sniff>
Recorders:  Sound Devices MixPre-6, Sony PCM-M10, Zoom H4nPro

Offline JoeKiller

• Taperssection Member
  • Duo!
    • JoeKiller.com
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2006, 05:42:17 PM »
Can we seperate the content that is useful, vs the usual freelunch maudio bashing?

everything else...  :'(

anyway, my post is useless but I had to say it.  Been using 1.4.3 for two concerts now, it has worked great.
spc4>mme>mt

Archive List

Offline danlynch

• Trade Count: (16)
    • nyctaper
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2006, 09:34:15 AM »
I used 1.4.3 for a show last week (CSNY at Jones Beach) and the auto-sampling rate seems to have been improved.  No need to change the header or (gasp!) re-sample in post-production.
I'm using it again for Gov't Mule this weekend, and will report.
Founder and Host of NYCTaper:  http://www.nyctaper.com

Microphones:  Schoeps CCM4Us, Sennheiser MKH-8040s, Neumann KM-150s, Neumann TLM-102s, DPA 4061s
Recorders:  Sound Devices 744t, Edirol R-44 (Oade Concert Mod), Edirol R-05
Pre-Amps, D/A's:  Apogee Mini-Me

My Recordings on Archive.org: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/danlynch

Offline jlykos

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Don't sweat the technique
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2006, 04:35:04 PM »
Seriously.  I have been using this for a little while now and the only errors I have seen it kick out are user-related.  As long as you can set it and not touch it in the least, the thing is rock-solid.  I messed up about 20 seconds of a recording becasue I accidentally nudged the fast-forward knob while turning on the hold switch and checking my levels at the same time.  I wish that the buttons were not as "touchy" as they are.  Other than that, it works wonderfully.

I wish I could do 24/96 for more than 57 minutes at a time, but I do not want to shell out $2500+ for a 722 to do so.  I also like the sound of my MiniMe at 24 bit, the thing sounds fantastic and gives me huge-sounding tapes which I like.  I am with Todd; I am not sold on the sound of the 722 by any stretch of the imagination and the MT works perfectly as a device to capture what the DAT machine outputs.
dpa 4061 > Church Audio 9200 > Sony PCM-D50 (Moon Audio Silver Dragon v3 interconnect)

"I have no views," Mickey Melchiondo, known as Dean Ween, said in a philosophical moment. "I am way too stupid. I have no strong feelings about anything. I'm really into television and the computer. I believe everything I see on TV and read on the Internet."

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.072 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com