Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: MT problem as a result of clipping?  (Read 1698 times)

Offline wjclark

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
MT problem as a result of clipping?
« on: July 14, 2007, 04:48:13 PM »
hi. i'm pretty sure i've seen a thread regarding a similar issue on here, but i can't seem to find it, so here it goes: i've used my microtrack at several shows running a rode nt4 powered with a 9v battery into the MT minijack. i always record 16/44. every time i've used the device, it stops recording after about an hour, even when there is still battery charge left. i've been using a SD 2 gb cf and keep the firmware up to date. i'm new to this whole taping thing and i was wondering if the problem has something to do with clipping. the few times i've used it, i've set the levels a little too high and there has been clipping throughout, but not constant. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 10:23:42 PM by wjclark »
rode nt4 > edirol ua5 (tmod+) > microtrack

Offline EYES

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: MT problem as a result of clipping?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 01:54:50 PM »
try to put a full charge on mt. then set up nt4>mt with newly formatted card. do this at home and see how long the mt stays on. sometimes under contolled condition you will see what is really wrong.              eyes
ADK sc-t, ca-11 cards, omni.                                                   
 ua-5, ca-9100
pmd660, mt,
ALWAYS GRATEFUL,EYES

Offline jtessier

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: MT problem as a result of clipping?
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 12:07:04 PM »
hi. i'm pretty sure i've seen a thread regarding a similar issue on here, but i can't seem to find it, so here it goes: i've used my microtrack at several shows running a rode nt4 powered with a 9v battery into the MT minijack. i always record 16/44. every time i've used the device, it stops recording after about an hour, even when there is still battery charge left. i've been using a SD 2 gb cf and keep the firmware up to date. i'm new to this whole taping thing and i was wondering if the problem has something to do with clipping. the few times i've used it, i've set the levels a little too high and there has been clipping throughout, but not constant. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

Clipping "shouldn't" affect record time in any way (though you never know).  There certainly were problems with earlier firmware revs that would cause the MicroTrack to stop recording before the media was full but I've not seen any reports of this happening with the latest (nor has it happened to me since I upgraded).  I second the suggestion of running it at home and watching it to see what happens.  Is the battery going dead when it stops?  Could indicate a bad one (battery) without enough juice to power it longer.  You might also try running it while plugged into power to eliminate battery type issues from the equation while you diagnose the problem.  See if it can fill up the media that way.

J.T.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com