Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Creative Muvo Micro Recorders  (Read 2727 times)

Offline Weekendshooter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Creative Muvo Micro Recorders
« on: July 15, 2005, 03:00:48 PM »
Just spent some time looking over the rack of Creative Labs MuVo gadgets and noticed they have line-ins!  The package said it only recorded in 128kbps MP3s but still...

The thought of setting up some mics packaged to look like earbuds came to mind.  Perfect ORTF, right?  <vbg>   I'm thinking of picking one up to try out...

Anybody try these out yet?

Interesting...

Offline The Kilted Taper

• Needs to get out more...
  • Real men wear kilts.
Re: Creative Muvo Micro Recorders
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2005, 03:02:25 PM »
Not much love for anything that doesn't record in an uncompressed format on this board. Sure, it may work, but you get what you pay for.

"The guy who's been dissed, dismissed and demoted so often that he should have officially changed his first name to "Backup." "

Offline Weekendshooter

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2005, 03:47:13 PM »
Yeah, perhaps so...

I'm wondering if the recording compression is handled through firmware (means there may be hope) or custom silicon vlsi (forever stuck with compression)...

After months of lugging around the lappie/traveler or having to handle my jb3 with kid gloves, the thought of having freedom to jump into the mosh pit with a Muvo Micro seemed refreshing!

Have a good weekend!

Offline AlexNC

• Taperssection Newbie
  • _..--==/|\==--.._
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2005, 04:10:58 PM »
I have been debating on getting one of these small/cheap flash based recorders and trying out some recordings. Im sure it isn't the best sound in the world, but I have a feeling it would be great for getting through strict door checks for stealthing. The only problem is level monitoring. Tell me if you find one that has  levels for monitoring during recording.

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • The Jokell
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2005, 04:34:55 PM »
If you think the Muvo looks good, wait a month or so for the M-Audio Micro Track to come out.  It'll be about the same size but will allow uncompressed (and 24 bit) recordings.  Plus it'll have mic ins with battery power over an 1/8" input and phantom power over 1/4" inputs. 
Sennheiser MKH8040st > SD 702
XBL/PSN/Steam ID: thejokell

Offline Yane

• Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2005, 06:24:59 PM »
I also noticed the line-in jack, but looking at the Creative Zen Nano (could Creative get any more confusing with the model names?)  manual I discovred very limited recording capability -- not even 128kbps MP3 as I recall. So instead I bought an IRiver IFP-799. The IRiver records its own FM tuner (with a nice VCR type timer function) or line in (with gain adjustable via a buried menu) at any MP3 bitrate you choose, up to 320kbps. It doesn't catch anything beyond 16khz (don't know if this is due to some internal filtering or the method of MP3 encoding), but it sounds very good for all that.  Oh yeah, no meters, naturally.  Still not bad for the money. You have to be careful of the firmware version you use -- 1.25 supports high bitrate recording while 1.28 and 1.29 do not. Kudos to Misticriver for lots of good info on IRivers.

Yane

Offline macdaddy

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2005, 03:05:51 PM »
i bought a muvo2, opened it up and took the 4gig microdrive out - i use it to record to on my pda all the time...

iirc, the muvo2 cost me less than 2 bills a year ago...

-macdaddy ++

akg c422 > s42 > lunatec v2 > ad2k+ > roland r-44

Offline AlexNC

• Taperssection Newbie
  • _..--==/|\==--.._
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2005, 10:47:46 AM »
This looks like a good combo for a cheap flash recording combo. But with the M-Audio recorder coming out soon, you might as well just save up for the it. It looks to be the ultimate stealth recorder.

http://www.soundprofessionals.com/cgi-bin/gold/item/ISI-RLM-1

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.068 seconds with 37 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com