Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: new audio-video recorder from Olympus  (Read 1646 times)

Offline carpa

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
new audio-video recorder from Olympus
« on: June 06, 2011, 10:52:54 AM »
Look at this:

http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/product.asp?product=1560&page=specs

it seems that pocket camcorders market is moving in the right way for what concerns attention to audio quality. By now only Zoom made a move introducing the Q3 /Q3HD, but this seems a bit better for at least two reasons:

1) it has got adjustable gain control (on the zoom it was a three-fixed step choice)

2) it has both line-in and mic in for external gear.  It features a selectable low-cut filter; I wonder if, even with this option set to off, the recorder cuts low frequencies as Olympus LS audio recorder do.  In any case the issue shouldn't apply to the line- in.

Sound Devices has introduced two new audio-video portable recorders (pix 220 and 240) which seem to be the reference, and Zoom has been the pioneer in the "bottom line".
I'm curious to see what's up coming in between.....

Even if I'm sure that any consumer gear of this kind will not probably beat a separate video and audio tracks, it could prove a very good solution for videotaping things and watch them instantly.

Offline aaronji

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: new audio-video recorder from Olympus
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 11:10:23 AM »
http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=144973.0

EDIT:  I may be mistaken, but I don't think those SD models are actually video recorders in the usual sense.  I think you have to hook it up to a separate video camera...
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 11:19:42 AM by aaronji »

Online beatkilla

• Trade Count: (70)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: new audio-video recorder from Olympus
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 05:24:56 PM »
Yeah there is no lens on the  sound devices.you run hdmi out of your camera to capture a higher bitrate video.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com