Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: PMD-671 Getting Error Message "You need format on PC"  (Read 2326 times)

Offline ChicagoBlues

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Newbie
PMD-671 Getting Error Message "You need format on PC"
« on: August 22, 2012, 10:30:24 PM »
I just bought a used PMD-671 in great condition at a steal of a price. But I need a little help...

I have a Kingston 4GB CF card and tried using it. After I turn it on I keep getting the error message "you need format on PC" Is Kingston a brand it just doesn't like? is there a preferred brand for the 671?

I got directions on how to format the CF card but it doesn't seem to let me do it. The message doesnt go away and when I press the mark/edit button nothing happens

I did a Google search and I saw that a lot of people have had this problem.

Can someone please tell me exactly what I have to do so it lets me format a CF card? I don't want to see this message any more..!

Thanks
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 11:53:39 PM by ChicagoBlues »

Offline ChicagoBlues

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Re: PMD-671 Error Message "You need format on PC" SOLVED..!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 10:42:23 PM »
PROBLEM SOLVED

After doing some reading I checked to see what firmware version my PMD-671 has. It was the original version that limited the CF size to 1GB.

I called Marantz and they emailed me a zip file with the firmware updates. After updating the firmware, my 4GB CF card is working just fine.

Also, my apologies for this new thread of an older topic. When I did a search I didnt see the previous thread.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.034 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com