Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Tascam dr 40  (Read 1683 times)

Offline Phil Zone

• Trade Count: (22)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Tascam dr 40
« on: June 18, 2013, 09:50:05 AM »
Anyone have experience with the dr40 from tascam, or heard anytHing about it? They look quite decent
Microphones: AKG 460B, 480B, Naiant Actives,CK1,CK61,CK62,CK63, CK69, Busman BSC-1, CA-14
Preamps: Naiant Littlebox, Naiant Tinyhead
Recorders: Zoom F6, Tascam DR-05

LMA Shows: http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Cam%20Keough%22&sort=-date

Offline billydee

• Trade Count: (19)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Tascam dr 40
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 10:58:08 AM »
I bought a very slightly used one from someone here a couple months back and I'm very happy with it so far. If all you need are XLR or 1/4 inputs it works just fine. Only tested the onboard mics a little and they sound ok, as good as could be expected for the price I suppose.

If you want to record 4 tracks at once you have to use the onboard mics for two of them. I use the deck with my Nak 300 mics and see no issues. Battery life seems pretty good so far, it takes 3 AA batteries.

I'm looking into getting some attenuators for when I record directly from a soundboard. I've done that twice so far and although the results were good I was not happy that I couldn't control the input levels. The levels defaulted to some sort of automatic mode and the recordings came out fine.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com