Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: SanDisk Ultra MicroSD CARD FULL timeout error  (Read 2490 times)

Offline GroundHog420

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Sonic Archives
SanDisk Ultra MicroSD CARD FULL timeout error
« on: September 07, 2023, 01:32:04 PM »
Hi there -

I looked around for a thread that specifically addressed this issue, but didn’t see anything that seemed to fit, so if I missed something, my apologies in advance.

I recently tried recording some video at a show with nothing but an old GoPro, and it worked much better than I might have expected - up until the point where the LED readout gave the message CARD FULL. The unit froze at that point - I tried to just shut it off, but it stayed on, until at some point it apparently shut itself off.

If it matters, the card is a 32GB SanDiskUltra Class 10 Micro SD. Initially, when I got home and put the card in the reader on my laptop, it showed the card was full (roughly 30+GB). I copied the two sets I could see that were there to my desktop, and they play fine. I ejected the card and tried researching a solution, and after a while, I put the card back in the reader, and noticed it was now showing that only about 20GB were used, and about 11GB were available. I reckoned that was not a good sign, and ejected the card until I could find out if there might be a fix or not.

I had recorded three sets by three bands, and the first two are safe and sound, but the third band’s set ran a bit over the limit of the card’s memory, and even though the card indicates that it is full, the third set appears to not be there.

This seemed like something I thought I could repair, based on some other threads here, but after revisiting them, it seems like this is actually a different issue than what was addressed in those threads:

Homegrown WAVE header repair utility:
https://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=72936.0

0 byte WAV file problem - many things tried - none worked:
https://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=164597

I reckon if it’s gone, it’s gone, and in the future, a card with more memory seems like a simple enough solution. But.... just as some folks have found methods of sometimes being able to retrieve files thought be lost, as discussed in those other threads, has anyone had any success with this sort of issue?
Hey man, that common sense shit won't fly around here, we're from Portland, we're edgy & different or something  ???
she kept playing with the balls for around 2 years after i thought i had seen it all from them.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com