Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: To start with an used JB3  (Read 1757 times)

Offline Laurent

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • >:D Ninja
To start with an used JB3
« on: April 01, 2006, 01:23:36 PM »
Hi all!
This is my first post here and I fear it is an already answered question. So sorry in advance, but I can't find the thread by searching so I try to create a new subject.

I recently bought a JB3 from someone who was using it as a mp3 player. It is now full of mp3 and running the latest firmware 1.40.06 but european version. Moreover, for information, I don't have the installation CD (or not before a while).
What I would like to do first is to clean up the disc and install the US version of the firmware 1.40.06 that I've downloaded (according to a friend, it doesn't have any sound limiter that I don't want). For what I've read, it seems that "Format all" will get it rid from the music but won't discard the firmware. So do I need to run the "Reload OS" option?
Seeing the warnings everywhere, I feel confused. What would I do then to have a working JB3? I am not what I would call an advanced user!

I have downloaded on my computer these drivers/firmware/applications:
- Nomad JB3 Firmware 1.40.06 (USA)
- Nomad Explorer_PCApp_3_01_10
- Jukebox Driver WHQL_1_20_04c
Is it enough to start back with my JB3? Is there anything that I should upgrade in any way? Something missing?

Thanks in advance for any answer.
Sound Professionals SP-CMC-4 AT853 (c/h/o) > Church Audio CA-9100 > Zoom F1
Stock UA-5

jessedscott

Re: To start with an used JB3
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2006, 02:03:46 PM »
just erase all the mp3's. not sure if the Euro verion is any different from the US. What you can do, is reset settings> then transfer the drvers you DLed. It will auotmatically update, or I'm pretty sure it will. I think you can DLed theĀ  Creative MediaSource Organizer from the same site, if not the same page as the other drivers. Thus, you really don't need the start-up CD.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2006, 01:46:32 AM by JDS »

Offline Laurent

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2006, 03:45:31 PM »
just erase all the mp3's. not sure if the Euro verion is any different from the US. What you can do, is reset settings> then transfer the drvers you DLed. It will auotmatically update, or I'm pretty sure it will.
You are totally right! I just tried this: reset settings>connect the JB3 to my computer>Launch the Firmware and now it is running with the international firmware! I actually thought that it wouldn't upgrade for the same version (but first time that I tried this it failed, I still don't know why...).
I also did format the drive, there was too much mp3 to delete them manually. So now it is as new! Thanks for the tip JDS!

I think you can DLed the  Creative MediaSource Organizer from the same site, if not the same page as the other drivers. Thus, you really don't need the start-up CD.
What about the latest version of the driver?
On the site, there are two versions only:
- 1.20.04c (2003-06-12)
- 1.21.01a (2003-05-16)
I wondered which one was the one to install. The last added or the highest version?
Stock UA-5

Offline Laurent

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2006, 03:50:42 PM »
Oh and thanks for moving the thread!
I thought it was more a newbie question so I posted it in ask the taper (where I saw the JB3 FAQ for the first time). Sorry for the mistake!
Stock UA-5

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com