Gear / Technical Help > Recording Gear

Tascam DR-70D 4-channel audio recorder (Part 8)

(1/52) > >>

voltronic:
Tascam DR-70D Product Page
Reference Manual
Tested Media List (using a card from this list is strongly recommended)

DR-70D FAQ (includes recommended settings, hardware info, list of known issues, etc.)
Modification Discussion Thread

Previous discussion threads:

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7

morst:
With firmware 1.14 and tested media, this machine is great.

Unfortunately, with such a small list of tested media, approved cards are already becoming unavailable.

B&H and Amazon show the 32GB Panasonic RP-SDUC32GAK as unavailable.

Think about what's happened to the PCM-M10, and stock up on cards. I am going to buy the only 128 that works while I still can.

voltronic:

--- Quote from: morst on February 14, 2017, 07:28:32 PM ---With firmware 1.14 and tested media, this machine is great.

Unfortunately, with such a small list of tested media, approved cards are already becoming unavailable.

B&H and Amazon show the 32GB Panasonic RP-SDUC32GAK as unavailable.

Think about what's happened to the PCM-M10, and stock up on cards. I am going to buy the only 128 that works while I still can.

--- End quote ---

It looks like the firmware is not getting updated anymore; last update was 8 months ago.  1.14 is solid, but it would have been nice if Tascam could have implemented the usability fixes we've been hoping for.

About cards: Amazon is not very reliable source.  There are countless stories out there of people getting fakes, and the fakes are getting really hard to spot.

The only way you can be sure you're getting legit SD cards are to buy from a vendor that's on the SD card manufacturer's authorized vendor list.

morst:
are there reports of counterfeit cards in amazon's "frustration-free" packaging? I would be pretty frustrated if I got a fake from them!  :-\

voltronic:

--- Quote from: morst on February 15, 2017, 12:23:47 AM ---are there reports of counterfeit cards in amazon's "frustration-free" packaging? I would be pretty frustrated if I got a fake from them!  :-\

--- End quote ---

Maybe that's the safe way to go, then you know it's actually coming from Amazon.  The reports I've read of fakes may very well have all been third-parties who sold through Amazon.

I also see that Amazon is an authorized dealer for SanDisk, but again be sure you're really buying from them.
https://www.sandisk.com/about/where-to-buy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version