Gear / Technical Help > Recording Gear

Tascam DR-70D 4-channel audio recorder (Part 8)

<< < (49/52) > >>

voltronic:

--- Quote from: Papaphunk on August 24, 2021, 08:57:39 AM ---Pulling My DR-70D out of storage for some 4 track work this weekend.

Do you guys usually set the internal Gains to L or M ? Will be using it at 2 outdoor shows, set at M for now......it's been awhile with this guy.

--- End quote ---

Definitely L if you are recording anything loud, or stay at the lower range of M. Avoid H as it starts to get very noisy.

Papaphunk:

--- Quote from: voltronic on August 24, 2021, 11:36:18 AM ---
--- Quote from: Papaphunk on August 24, 2021, 08:57:39 AM ---Pulling My DR-70D out of storage for some 4 track work this weekend.

Do you guys usually set the internal Gains to L or M ? Will be using it at 2 outdoor shows, set at M for now......it's been awhile with this guy.

--- End quote ---

Definitely L if you are recording anything loud, or stay at the lower range of M. Avoid H as it starts to get very noisy.

--- End quote ---

Makes Sense, I can always amplify in audacity afterwards if needed. Thanks!

The Other Chris:
Need some help, on my DR70D I'm getting an extra/duplicate file that doesn't play but is the same size of the file that does play.....Anyone run into this?   Thanks :)

fireonshakedwnstreet:

--- Quote from: The Other Chris on October 22, 2021, 03:03:31 PM ---Need some help, on my DR70D I'm getting an extra/duplicate file that doesn't play but is the same size of the file that does play.....Anyone run into this?   Thanks :)

--- End quote ---

That is the stereo file if you are running one channel. For example, if just channel 3 is in use and it is set to stereo it will make a blank on channel 4. I just delete in the DAW and pan the channel that recorded to center.

The Other Chris:

--- Quote from: fireonshakedwnstreet on October 22, 2021, 03:28:20 PM ---
--- Quote from: The Other Chris on October 22, 2021, 03:03:31 PM ---Need some help, on my DR70D I'm getting an extra/duplicate file that doesn't play but is the same size of the file that does play.....Anyone run into this?   Thanks :)

--- End quote ---

That is the stereo file if you are running one channel. For example, if just channel 3 is in use and it is set to stereo it will make a blank on channel 4. I just delete in the DAW and pan the channel that recorded to center.

--- End quote ---

Got it, so set the channels to mono so L/R create a natural stereo.  Appreciate the help :coolguy:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version