Gear / Technical Help > Recording Gear

Tascam DR-70D 4-channel audio recorder (Part 8)

<< < (51/52) > >>

commongrounder:
The outer slider that is now loose has a fork on the inside that engages a spring-loaded slide switch that is soldered to the circuit board. My guess is either the fork has broken, or slipped off of the switch tang, or the switch tang itself has broken off. Clearly you want the issue to be with the outer slider, as a switch replacement will be an involved repair. When these units are disassembled, care has to be taken to engage the outer slider with the switch tang during reassembly. TASCAM uses this setup for many of its recorder models.

Phil Zone:
I am sorry if this question has been asked but I have read here and through the manual and not found an answer.

When using the DR-70D with the channels set to line level where is the 0 DB mark for the input knobs? My preamps don't have very quantifiable level meters so I am guessing somewhere around 3 o'clock on the deck?

Thanks for the help

fireonshakedwnstreet:
From the FAQ, the estimated gain ranges are:

Gain Pot Ranges:

1.01 Firmware            1.10+ Firmware

LOW          -21 to +11 dB                -7 to +21 dB
MID               N/A                          +16 to +36 dB
HIGH        +19 to +51 dB             +31 to +51 dB
HIGH+      +31 to +63 dB             +43 to +63 dB

I used to run it at around 10-11, I think? Just a little past where the knob turns on the channel (if I remember correctly 9 o'clock). 3 o'clock you are probably adding 10db or so of gain in the latest firmware.

Phil Zone:

--- Quote from: fireonshakedwnstreet on January 18, 2023, 11:50:40 AM ---From the FAQ, the estimated gain ranges are:

Gain Pot Ranges:

1.01 Firmware            1.10+ Firmware

LOW          -21 to +11 dB                -7 to +21 dB
MID               N/A                          +16 to +36 dB
HIGH        +19 to +51 dB             +31 to +51 dB
HIGH+      +31 to +63 dB             +43 to +63 dB

I used to run it at around 10-11, I think? Just a little past where the knob turns on the channel (if I remember correctly 9 o'clock). 3 o'clock you are probably adding 10db or so of gain in the latest firmware.

--- End quote ---

I'm talking about line level not mic level... Is it the same as low perhaps? Sure doesn't seem to be that way when in use

fireonshakedwnstreet:
Do'h! Yes. 3 o'clock makes sense for line.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version