Gear / Technical Help > Battery Boxes, Preamps, Mixers, ADCs, and Processors

E.A.A. PSP-2 Preamplifier Thread - Specifications / Photos / Powering

<< < (3/3)

fobstl:
I like to run the 1/8" out into an M10 as backup also. No brainer to do.

audBall:
Regarding my previous posts above, I have this PSP-2 that has some sort of channel mismatching going on. For whatever reason, the right channel (regardless of input source XLR or 1/8") is much higher than the left channel (by ~12-15dB), which appears to function normally via gain settings and adjustments. The right channel also responds to the gain adjustments, but there is something causing the input signal to be very high/overloaded.

I have reached out to a couple technicians over the years (Vark and Oade), with little to no response (no surprise), but have not had anyone look over the unit. I suspect few would even want to look under the hood. I recognize that the ability to repair these preamps, due to the compactness of their construction and lack of parts availability, renders them potential dust collectors.

Although, I was able to find a source for what appears to be similar transformers that were originally used, possibly still in construction by Palmer Germany (see link HERE). The transformers inside the preamp are stamped with "Palmer". The unit can be almost completely disassembled; however there is point-to-point wiring for two separate chip boards that keeps them tightly packed together - it's quite impressive.

The reason for this post is to gauge if there is any interest out there for this thing in its current state - otherwise it will be a nice display piece for the foreseeable future.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version