Gear / Technical Help > Recording Gear

Sound Devices MixPre-3 and 6, Part 7

<< < (49/81) > >>

carpa:
Thank you very much @aaronji; now I understand. And how would you judge the quality of the 3.5 input?
Just a last question: all the line input modes ( the xlr or the 3.5) are padded or they just bypass the preamps? The question is mostly referred to the 3.5 chip based preamp as I guess it would not be on par with the Kahmir preamps quality.

Thanks again

justme:
Firmware version 7.16 for all MixPre models is now available! Version 7.16 introduces new routing options for USB 3 and 4 (MixPre-6, MixPre-6 II, MixPre-10T, MixPre-10 II) and performance enhancements (all MixPre models).

New
- USB 3 and 4 can now be routed to MixPre-6 and MixPre-6 II channels 5 and 6 or MixPre-10T and MixPre-10 II channels 9 and 10.

Changed
- USB File Transfer mode can no longer be initiated from a USB Keyboard while MixPre is recording.

Fixed
- Limiters are no longer incorrectly disabled in some Custom Mode setups.

https://www.sounddevices.com/download

GLouie:
Seems to me we need a thread that covers the original MixPre series and MixPre II series. The only other thread I see omits the MixPre10.

Anyway, SD released Firmware 7.17 today for the entire MixPre line. But yikes, it fixes "Rare, brief interruptions of audio in recorded files and USB outputs no longer occur." That sounds like a disaster, has that happened to anyone?

There is no mention that this firmware fixes my question about the Remix function when LR Mix is not recorded, and I haven't tested it. SD has not gotten back to me with any further comments.

aaronji:
No need for another thread, in my opinion. The 10 is well covered in existing threads and the only reason it might not appear in the title of the original MixPre thread is that it came out later than the 3/6. There are also dedicated threads for it.

As far as Remix goes, less than two weeks for a firmware update might not be entirely realistic…

ts:
https://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=193251.0  :shrug:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version