Gear / Technical Help > Microphones & Setup

Binaural Recording (latest thinking from tapers?)

<< < (17/18) > >>

BonoBeats:

--- Quote from: capnhook on April 22, 2021, 10:05:06 PM ---

Verrrry thin, and ribbed for your pleasure..

--- End quote ---

It feels just like I'm wearing nothing at all!!!!

capnhook:

--- Quote from: BonoBeats on April 22, 2021, 10:13:16 PM ---
--- Quote from: capnhook on April 22, 2021, 10:05:06 PM ---

Verrrry thin, and ribbed for your pleasure..

--- End quote ---

It feels just like I'm wearing nothing at all!!!!

--- End quote ---

:spin: :zombie03: :lol: niiiiice

roffels:

--- Quote from: BonoBeats on April 22, 2021, 08:42:58 PM ---
--- Quote from: Gutbucket on April 22, 2021, 10:55:09 AM ---Yeah the cables on the earlier version were beige and very thin/lightweight, like the cables on cheap in-ear headphones.

--- End quote ---

Just arrived.

These are similarly thin, compared to my Naiant XX. Surprisingly so; I have durability concerns, especially given their price.

--- End quote ---

Will these handle louder shows ok? I have an older set of the standard binaural mics from Sound Professionals and have been at risk of overloading them. The higher sensitivity of these concern me, but it also says it handles louder sound pressure levels.

jimjazzdad:
I am considering getting some binaural mics for use with my Tascam DR70D. The soundprofessionals MS-TFB-2 MkII version looks very good on paper, with just 19 dB of self noise - really about as good as it gets for such small omni capsules. And they seem to have upped their game with regard to cable (apparently an issue with the MkI), offering two Mogami options. I am thinking using the cable terminating with double XLRs is the preferred option, as the mics would be powered by 48V phantom rather than the lower voltage from the powered 1/8" 'camera jack'. Any advice or opinions from the collective wisdom here?

jimjazzdad:
Bump.
No one here have any experience with or opinions on soundprofessionals mics?

--- Quote from: jimjazzdad on January 08, 2022, 08:31:14 AM ---I am considering getting some binaural mics for use with my Tascam DR70D. The soundprofessionals MS-TFB-2 MkII version looks very good on paper, with just 19 dB of self noise - really about as good as it gets for such small omni capsules. And they seem to have upped their game with regard to cable (apparently an issue with the MkI), offering two Mogami options. I am thinking using the cable terminating with double XLRs is the preferred option, as the mics would be powered by 48V phantom rather than the lower voltage from the powered 1/8" 'camera jack'. Any advice or opinions from the collective wisdom here?

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version