Gear / Technical Help > Battery Boxes, Preamps, Mixers, ADCs, and Processors

AD-20 question

(1/4) > >>

wrangler_n_space:
What kind of cable do you need to run ad-20 into a d-8.

I am having some real trouble getting my setup to sound right. Everything it seems works fine on its on, but when i plug it all together i olly get left channel and really really really high distortion.

tadjblack:
I think from the ad-20 you need a 1/8 inch mono mini plug to coax cable. From there your coax should plug into the input side of your 7pin for the d8.
Hope this helps!

wrangler_n_space:
I tired that and i get nothing. I tried mini to mini and get both channels but awful distortion. I tried the cable the guy sent with it (mini->coax(with mini converter)) and only get one channel and horrible distortion.

nickgregory:

--- Quote from: wrangler_n_space on April 18, 2003, 10:17:46 AM ---I tired that and i get nothing. I tried mini to mini and get both channels but awful distortion. I tried the cable the guy sent with it (mini->coax(with mini converter)) and only get one channel and horrible distortion.

--- End quote ---

Sounds like it could be a cable problem.  Cables can definitely be the culprits when things like that happen.

Nick

wrangler_n_space:
So what would be the best cable to use. Should i try and find an optical->7-pin. Mini to coax. Which should i replace.

And as i said before everything works by itself, just not together. That includes the cables.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version