Gear / Technical Help > Microphones & Setup

A20 Shouckmounts...

(1/2) > >>

bkirby:
Hey all,
Will AKG 480s or any of the Gefells fit in these shockmounts? If so, how snug? Who has the best price?
Brad K.

creekfreak:
those should work fine

Mic D:
either one will be nice and snug. Try masterpiece for the best price. They were $60 each a while back but I guess there was some sort of price increase because I can't find them for under $68 now. "IMO", the 480's are a little too long for the a20s'. The AT 8410's work great with the 480's. If your trying to be more stealth, the a20s' would probably suite you better.

My $0.02,
Kevin

bkirby:
I have almost had it with the AT8410s as they keep requiring adjusting of that tiny damn screw. I have sent three pairs back to AT and they keep sending me brand new ones, but always end up with the same problem. I have tried everything from loc-tite, cement glue, super glue, and soldering. Nothing will hold it tight. I keep telling AT that this is the cause of bad engineering, and they agree, but nothing has been done!

Mic D:
I hear ya. The pair I owned were only used a couple times so I never experienced such problems. I know exactly what your talking about, though. The schoeps mounts will work, but I would suggest getting the a20s's (stiffer ones) instead of the a20's.

Kevin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version