Gear / Technical Help > Microphones & Setup

Quicklock option for stand - pros/cons ?

(1/3) > >>

Chris K:
I'm looking to upgrade mic stand and was interested to know if anyone has any experience with the bogen quicklock type extension locking collar (rather than the knob style)

price being equal, which would you get and why

blu666z:
I have the quicklock and I love it.  Not sure exactly how the knobs stand lock, but mine is very simple.  Don't have to keep turning a knob to tighten it, just click it open and closed.

-Kevin

Brian Skalinder:
I like the quicklock adapter.  It feels more secure, faster to set up, and faster to tear down.

Just to make sure we're talking about the same tips/adapters, these are the part numbers from the archive:

If you have the 1/4" male thread tip, the adapters you want to get to the 5/8" male threaded tip are:

Model | Starting Thread | Ending Thread

3111 | 1/4"F | 3/8"M
3366 | 3/8"F | 5/8"M

If you have the 5/8" male stud tip, the adapters you want to get to the 5/8" male threaded tip are:

Model | Starting Thread | Ending Thread

3102  |  5/8" F stud | 3/8" M thread
3366 | 3/8"F | 5/8"M

Chris K:
um...i was lloking at getting one of these, since i bent the sh*t outa my cheapo stand after sci on sunday

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=125204&is=REG
BOGEN WITH QUICK LOCK
11' MAX HEIGHT
35.8" CLOSED
3.6' FOOTPRINT
$81

Brian Skalinder:

--- Quote from: Chris K on October 07, 2003, 04:27:49 PM ---um...i was lloking at getting one of these, since i bent the sh*t outa my cheapo stand after sci on sunday
--- End quote ---

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...I get it, now.  Sorry, I got confused and though you were talking about which adapters to use for mounting mics.  I only have experience with the knobs, not the locking collars.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version