Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Post Show Matrix Mix?  (Read 18051 times)

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Post Show Matrix Mix?
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2005, 02:18:23 PM »
I've found almost always that my JB3 has an error of something like 2.5 samples/sec at 44.1

So you run analog-in to the JB3?  What was your control device?
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline joemango

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2005, 09:57:13 AM »
I've found almost always that my JB3 has an error of something like 2.5 samples/sec at 44.1

So you run analog-in to the JB3?  What was your control device?

One matrix I did was set up like so:

SBD: Mono out from the board into MZR-700 MD in mono mode, transferred analog in to my PC thru M-audio Delta 1010LT analog-in.

AUD: Wmod UA-5 optical->JB3

...So I guess I misspoke.  The error is probably coming from the MD.  Not surprising.  But I also noticed a similar (but not exactly the same) discrepancy when doing the same thing with 1 source being a Laptop and the other a JB3.  If I had a freaking MD deck with digital out I could make a better evaluation, but I'd rather not use the MD unless I absolutely have to. 

Lately I've been bringing my luggable PC and doing a 4-track matrix in Sonar, then just clipping out the stage delay from the AUD side.  Much better than having to resample and all.

Offline todd e

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • ***Team Schoeps***
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2012, 03:52:01 PM »
Here's another method to time stretch in wavelab that doesn't involve calculations. 

Get your tracks in sync in a montage. Then go to the last few minutes of the set & split them(in the middle/left of the screen hit "edit>split all tracks @ cursor").  Then move the end portion of the track that needs to be stretched so it is again in sync.  The gap you have between the track is the difference between the 2 tapes clock speeds, or drift.  Move your cursor so it is exactly @ the beg. of the end piece of the track that you intend to stretch.  Right click over the longer piece of the track that you intend to stretch & hit "transform>time stretch to cursor". Just make sure "Preserve pitch" is enabled.

holy easter eggs, i just did this for the first time.  i was a LONG time cutter, or splitter.  dont know why but i resisted learning this until this week, wow. 

this is way easier than you think, esp. with all the help from ts.com

one thing i cant figure out, how to grab a block of 24/96 files and have them stretched together, because otherwise i only strech the last hr or so.  grouping them, and 'locking' them didnt work properly,

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com