Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Binaural SP-BMC-2 vs. Cardioid SP-CMC-22  (Read 1991 times)

Alchemy

• Trade Count: (0)
Binaural SP-BMC-2 vs. Cardioid SP-CMC-22
« on: October 29, 2006, 11:06:08 PM »
I am currently in upgrade mode. The first part that I simply must upgrade is the mics and I am having trouble deciding between two microphones, as I wrote in the subject of this thread.

At first, I was simply sold on the SP-BMC-2. I kept searching this forum, reading all of the comments that people had to say like "great mic for the money"..etc... I searched the archive.org site for people that used this mic and some of the recordings sounded very good.

EDIT: I'm an idiot  ::), the SP-BMC-2s do not have AT831 caps, they're loaded with Panasonics...

But then there is the cardioid pick-up pattern that has all of it's positive points. I really do like the sound of recordings from cards but I'm a sucker for the atmospheric feel too. But then again when I listen to a recording from a cardioid mic, it always seems to sound very "flat". Also, the frequency response seems to be shorter on the low end with the cards.  ???

So...what provides the better overall performance of the two? I wanted to ask the experienced folks before I jumped into anything. Thank you in advance for any responses.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 03:50:49 PM by Alchemy »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.037 seconds with 23 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com