Gear / Technical Help > Microphones & Setup

audix microphones

(1/3) > >>

DaryanLenz:
Does anyone know anything at all other than what I know about these :D  I have heard that they use the same caps as the mbho 603 series, but have a slightly different preamp design.  I was wondering if anyone knew what the differences are?  Do the two mics sound the same?

Thanks for the info

Daryan

JeffK:
I know that they're from the US and that they make some very good drum mics, that's about all :)  I've heard the SCX-1's used in an aud/sbd mix before, but never solo.  I should've at least checked em out via headphones at the show that night, oh well.

They've also got a new mic coming out, or it's JUST out, that's about the size of a CCM series or 4022 with switchable hyper/card caps.  I think they're meant for use on congas/toms though, don't know how they'd measure up for us.

mr.gefell:
hi
i could see benefits from mics designed form drum tests.
i would assume these mics capture details fast and can handle lot of hsl,probabaly lots od headroom as well.we'll see.

hippies:

--- Quote from: JeffK on January 27, 2003, 11:52:18 AM ---They've also got a new mic coming out, or it's JUST out, that's about the size of a CCM series or 4022 with switchable hyper/card caps.  I think they're meant for use on congas/toms though, don't know how they'd measure up for us.

--- End quote ---

PDF is below.  these actually look kinda interesting.  specs look decent on the larger set.  
havta hear them, though.  

a little worried about the sensitivity numbers, but DPAs are very low in that category as well, and we all know what those sound like!  these have definate possibilities imho.   ;)

BTW:  here's an interesting site for comparing microphone specs:

http://www.microphonereview.com/

Bri:
that's a cool website!  8) Thanks!

Bri

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version