Gear / Technical Help > Recording Gear

Sony PCM-M10 (Part 8)

<< < (69/76) > >>

jb63:

--- Quote from: unidentified on November 16, 2021, 11:07:17 AM ---Concur!!!  How is the mod otherwise?

--- End quote ---

OK.
Finally got this thing under control, but it took some expensive 1/8" cables that snapped in tight and aren't as long as I would have liked them to be. As far as I can tell, that was the problem I'd had. The braided cables I like and have used many times in the past with the PMD620 didn't lock in tight to the M10, and the volume with the ACM mod was VERY sensitive. I'm going with it being the hi-Sens switch used at Dr. Dog and now I'm using the Low-Sens setting taped into place.

Go to this thread for some successful samples where you can compare MK5 (cards) > tiny box > ACM M10 and dpa4061 > caUGLY > Korg MR1

I have really got the dpa4061 taping down, but the acm M10 is probably a more interesting soundstage, but it needs a wider cap than the dpa4061.

https://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=198429.0

Twenty8:
Just joined the M10 crew earlier this month.

Ran to the internal memory with 853 subcards > soundpro box.  Next using it as a bit box from the out of my 680 during Phish OB this weekend.

Any approved memory card list floating around before I start scouring the site?

rigpimp:

--- Quote from: Twenty8 on May 23, 2022, 12:07:04 PM ---Just joined the M10 crew earlier this month.

Ran to the internal memory with 853 subcards > soundpro box.  Next using it as a bit box from the out of my 680 during Phish OB this weekend.

--- End quote ---

https://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=147879.0

unidentified:

--- Quote from: jb63 on December 06, 2021, 02:05:43 PM ---
--- Quote from: unidentified on November 16, 2021, 11:07:17 AM ---Concur!!!  How is the mod otherwise?

--- End quote ---

OK.
Finally got this thing under control, but it took some expensive 1/8" cables that snapped in tight and aren't as long as I would have liked them to be. As far as I can tell, that was the problem I'd had. The braided cables I like and have used many times in the past with the PMD620 didn't lock in tight to the M10, and the volume with the ACM mod was VERY sensitive. I'm going with it being the hi-Sens switch used at Dr. Dog and now I'm using the Low-Sens setting taped into place.

Go to this thread for some successful samples where you can compare MK5 (cards) > tiny box > ACM M10 and dpa4061 > caUGLY > Korg MR1

I have really got the dpa4061 taping down, but the acm M10 is probably a more interesting soundstage, but it needs a wider cap than the dpa4061.

https://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=198429.0

--- End quote ---

I've used an Oade ACM modded M-10 in the field twice now using an SP 9 volt battery box, mic-in, low sensitivity, gain wheel set at 3 or 4 depending on how loud the band was.  Worked like a charm.  In each case it was set and forget.

dallman:

--- Quote from: Twenty8 on May 23, 2022, 12:07:04 PM ---Just joined the M10 crew earlier this month.

--- End quote ---
A bit box is a deck that takes a digital signal from a preamp or other device, hence the name bit box. It adds nothing, it just takes and holds the bits from a non-recorder. The Sony M10 does not take a digital signal, it only takes an analog signal, so it cannot be used as a bit box.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version