Gear / Technical Help > Ask The Tapers

Zero byte .wav file - how to restore?

<< < (4/5) > >>

rigpimp:
If there is a file on the card back it up and host it for others to try. 
If there is no file on the card then try Recuva. https://www.ccleaner.com/recuva

daspyknows:
Tried Recuva and shows 0 byte file but nothing more.  Only files on the card are the other Wav files.  Not finding anything hidden.

rigpimp:

--- Quote from: daspyknows on December 13, 2021, 05:02:57 PM ---Tried Recuva and shows 0 byte file but nothing more.  Only files on the card are the other Wav files.  Not finding anything hidden.

--- End quote ---

Sounds like the recorder errored out while recording, most likely shortly after starting.  Boo, hiss.

daspyknows:
I checked about 45 minutes into the set and the red record light was on and 20 minutes later it ended with red light flashing and a file error message.  Couldn't do anything but turn off recorder by removing batteries. 

if_then_else:
Can you create an img file of your SD card (e.g. using a low level copy tool like dd on Linux/UNIX) and send me the file along with the information about the original bit depth, sample rate and the number of channels? I've tried out a couple of different tools on Linux and Windows recently and chances are that at least one of them might work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version