Gear / Technical Help > Post-Processing, Computer / Streaming / Internet Devices & Related Activity

How do you manage your audio files?

<< < (3/3)

kindms:
NAS
I have the following folders

CD Collection - traditional silverbacks i paid for
CDR Collection - audience and live, official stuff i dont have hard copies for
Masters - stuff I recorded
PCM - stuff I recorded that hasnt been processed yet

nassau73:
Decades ago, I used to keep track in Hypercard. Sometime in the 90's I started using Filemaker Pro at work and imported the Hypercard files.

Now my Filemaker keeps track of setlists in one field, lineage in another. Also have checkboxes and radio buttons in fields to show whether the shows are my recordings or where they came from. Also have a checkbox field to say where I have seeded them and which folders/drives they are stored.

morst:

--- Quote from: nassau73 on December 23, 2021, 08:48:37 PM ---Decades ago, I used to keep track in Hypercard. Sometime in the 90's I started using Filemaker Pro at work and imported the Hypercard files.

Now my Filemaker keeps track of setlists in one field, lineage in another. Also have checkboxes and radio buttons in fields to show whether the shows are my recordings or where they came from. Also have a checkbox field to say where I have seeded them and which folders/drives they are stored.

--- End quote ---
I used to use FileMaker (a database program) but I find a spreadsheet to be more useful.
I no longer keep setlists in the reference document though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version