Gear / Technical Help > Post-Processing, Computer / Streaming / Internet Devices & Related Activity

How do you manage your audio files?

<< < (2/3) > >>

morst:

--- Quote from: heathen on December 20, 2021, 05:32:31 PM ---"Music-Live-Mine" - this is for live recordings I've made.  I just like to have them in a separate place.

--- End quote ---
Do you track recordings out and then keep them with the original files or in a separate area?
I keep mine separate.

nulldogmas:

--- Quote from: morst on December 20, 2021, 10:20:44 PM ---
--- Quote from: heathen on December 20, 2021, 05:32:31 PM ---"Music-Live-Mine" - this is for live recordings I've made.  I just like to have them in a separate place.

--- End quote ---
Do you track recordings out and then keep them with the original files or in a separate area?
I keep mine separate.

--- End quote ---

I keep them together, but don't tag the original untracked files, so they don't show up in my audio player except under "unknown."

heathen:

--- End quote ---
I keep mine separate.

--- End quote ---

The raw masters have an entirely different directory that isn't part of my music library.  The mastered recordings are what go into the music library.

rocksuitcase:

--- End quote ---
I keep mine separate.

--- End quote ---
re live recordings of my own:
I have one folder for each show. It holds the master raw files and photos basic text file etc. Then I make folders titled, artistmmyyddmicinfo flacs, wavs, mp3
All tracked and then flac'd files wind up in their respective folders. THEN i edit the text file to have d1t01. and so forth in front of the songs on the setlist and put that in the flac folder. THEN I edit the photos for LMA (web) posting and add them to the flac folder.

my 14 TB Synology is almost full with way too many rough edits and take 1's and take 2's in my GD project folder.      >:D

unidentified:
I may have to use a chair and a whip to manage mine. I do believe that they are getting to be that out of control. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version