Gear / Technical Help > Recording Gear

Rode AI-Micro Ultra-compact Dual-channel Interface

<< < (4/12) > >>

Ozpeter:
Briefly, if you connect a PiP stereo mic to a 3.5mm > 3.5mm female>female adapter and then to a Rode SC11 splitter lead to channels 1 & 2 - so it thinks it's got two mono mics connected for stereo input - it works.  I'[m hoping the Rode will fix this with a FW update...

DavidPuddy:
Peter, have you tested the Reporter app much? I'm wondering if there is a time limit.

Ozpeter:
No, sorry, I've mainly been using it for video with the Action 2 camera.

DavidPuddy:
My unit was shipped yesterday. Hopefully I will be able to test it soon.

DavidPuddy:
The unit just arrived and upon plugging it in, it automatically connected to the Rode app I had preinstalled. I used the output of my baby nbox into input 1 and it was recognized as a stereo input once I selected it on the app.

The app has 24 db of gain and records at either 24 bit 48khz or compressed 48khz 128, 256, or 320kbps mp3. Optional high pass filters are at 75 and 150 hz.

I will test it soon as a backup rig but the test file I made earlier pulled up as a stereo file in Audacity. My only worry right now is with phone battery life - I may get a cheap android just for recording in the near future. Also, I don't like that you have to export your recordings to the cloud. I need to find where in the file system it is saving them so I can export manually.

https://imgur.com/a/WSoP6YG

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version