Gear / Technical Help > Playback Forum

Need recomendations on a good portable music player

<< < (2/5) > >>

rocksuitcase:

--- Quote from: OldNeumanntapr on December 26, 2021, 12:57:09 AM ---Good. Does it play shows in folders? Drop and drag to load it up?

--- End quote ---
Sorry was feeling low last night.
Yes, it does the basic folder organization in MAc or WIndows. I use Windows so do not know 100% about MAC. Check teh help guide I sent. It shows how to do transfers etc. for the money I think it is a sweet player. all those $1000 and up players have phones and streaming ability which I do not desire

unidentified:
I really like the small and inexpensive ($200) Pioneer XDP-30R-S.

kindms:

--- Quote from: OldNeumanntapr on December 25, 2021, 01:30:42 PM ---Hey all,

I drive a delivery route for a wholesale auto parts company. Two years ago I was issued a 2019 Ford Transit van with both bluetooth AND a USB port. It would play flac with text and even artwork! After years of not having a way to listen to my music in my van this was amazing! I could put flac on a flash drive and take a week's worth of music to work. (I drive about 1,300 miles a week on the route.)

Sadly, the transmission in the van went out and instead of repairing it they got gid of it and bought a new van. This one is a 2017 Ford Transit van and it lacks both bluetooth and a USB port. All it has is an am/fm radio with an 1/8th" AUX jack.

I am really bummed out now because I have lost the ability to listen to flac at work. I thought about buying a portable music player and running it through the AUX jack, but most of them have terrible reviews. I used to have a Fiio X3 player that I really liked but it died after not quite two years and I never replaced it. I have a couple of mini SD cards left over from the Fiio that I could reuse.

Someone at work suggested playing music on my phone but I don't see how that would work, as I have an iPhone 8+ with no headphone output.

All I need is something to play gapless flac with tags. Most of these players that I have looked at on line have a lot of bells and whistles I don't want or need.

I would like something that would work with my iMac, and not be over $250 -$300, Any ideas?

Thanks,

ONT-

--- End quote ---

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MMX62AM/A/lightning-to-35-mm-headphone-jack-adapter

i run my iphone 7 this way 1/8 stereo to car port. cheap and simple solution.

flac on an iphone via VOX (app is free) if you need flac

Edited to add.
You could build yourself a player for pretty cheap with a raspberry pi and that would give you plenty of dac and gapless playback options
They are powered by 5v the draw depends on which version

you could build one with a touch screen and case etc for under $200 i bet

nulldogmas:
I've often used an iRiver (cheap used, plays FLACs, uses regular directory folders, has a 1/8" output, long battery life) as a portable music player.

unidentified:

--- Quote from: nulldogmas on December 26, 2021, 12:28:30 PM ---I've often used an iRiver (cheap used, plays FLACs, uses regular directory folders, has a 1/8" output, long battery life) as a portable music player.

--- End quote ---

I love my Rockboxed IRivers - built like little tanks, very steampunk. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version