Gear / Technical Help > Playback Forum

Anyone heard VMPS?

(1/8) > >>

carlbeck:
A few folks keep mentioning VMPS as a good choice for me but has anyone ever heard the "lower" line? I'm looking at the RM1's, the 2's look nice but a little out of my price range. The ribbon concept & deep bass sound apealing but I really don't want to pay for more shipping to return stuff ;D

Nick's Picks:
Carl, buddy....

I know you are concerned about your room, but I can't tell you enough how lifeless box speakers sound compared to plannars when you are listening to live recordings.

we really need to make that listening trip happen sooner than later.  those Martins and/or Maggies will smoke your brain.

I bet some MMGs, or MG12's, which are certainly small enough for your room, w/a nice sub would be very hard to beat and easily put together for $1500.  They would sound fan-freakin-tastic w/your CJ pre > DNA combo.  I can't wait to buy some and bring them to your house.
:)

carlbeck:
That is the design concept behind the VMPS, planar/ribbon sound in a box with a fat woofer! Check them yourself, they may be what your looking for.
carl

Nick's Picks:
yea, I checked them out.
sorry, if it doesn't look like something Carl Sagen would be proud of, im' not interested.
:)

carlbeck:
Nick, please don't make me buy them to prove you wrong, you know I will  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version