Gear / Technical Help > Playback Forum

Does this seem likr the right price?

(1/2) > >>

jessedscott:
Went to Sam Ash today to look at getting a home DAT deck. They only had one in stock, used. Dual deck, Tascam AD302? I forget? They wanted $700.00. Is that a fair price? I'm sure I can find one for a better price on ebay? Any thought's?

JDS

DaryanLenz:
They go for between 3 and 4 hundred on ebay.  That said, I know someone here in Iowa that has one, and he is always bitching about it.  Apparently after heavy use, one of the sides appears to crap out.  I don't have a home dat, and if I were to buy one now...which I will [probably do after I ditch the m1, hopefully in the next 6 months, I would get a sony r500.  They can be had used with very little hours from ebay for around 400, which sounds about right to me.  One thing about ebay, definately ask the seller questions to make sure they know what they are talking about.

Daryan

nickgregory:
I got a Sony R300 off ebay, new for $275 a year ago.  Definitely keep your eyes on ebay....there are much better deals out there.

Nick

scervin:
I bought a Tascam DA-20 from ebay for $250 3 years ago and the thing is a tank.  Never had a problem w/ it.  My guess is that it will go soon and I'll get another.
SC

John R:
tascam da-20 mkII or fostex d-5.  same machine, pro i/o on d-5.  500-700.

jr

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version