Gear / Technical Help > Playback Forum

"its all going according to my plan..."

(1/4) > >>

Nick's Picks:
:)

I'm almost finished w/my new "used" stereo upgrade.  I have not heard it yet...still waiting for some pieces to arrive, but here is what I ended up with.

no source as of yet....
Rotel RC-1070 preamp
AR performance series interconnects
B&K ST-140 poweramp (70 or 105w, not sure)
MIT term 5 speaker cables
Mirage SFX-8 sub
Magnepan MMGs

all i've heard thus far is just the sub/maggie combo through my old piece of shit sony integrated.  I'm so impressed w/just the speaker upgrade, I can't even imagine the detail and energy that good componants are going to throw at me!  very pumped.  
I was telling Carl last night that the maggies have found their preffered spot in my room, and the soundstage / stereo image is better than i've ever heard,....anywhere.  I've had such pleasure listening to music lately.  Such well spent money!

Best thing....I've spent EXACTLY $1,000 on the whole setup (my plan was $5k). The only new gear I bought was the cables.  I still need a good source CD deck (anything that excells at redbook...seeking an old Marantz), then i'll be done for now.  I've got plans for a benchmark DAC-1 in the future, possibly replacing the preamp...but we'll see.  
woo hooo!

Tim:

--- Quote from: NicksPicks on June 10, 2003, 10:13:30 AM ---I've had such pleasure listening to music lately.  Such well spent money!

--- End quote ---

You said it! I listen so much more because it's just that much more enjoyable.

Brian Skalinder:
Glad you're enjoying your Maggies, Nick - welcome to the Maggie fan club!  I'm still in the honeymoon phase after picking up my Maggies late last fall.  Loving it!  But I'm feeling the pull towards the 1.6s.   :o  It never ends...

danmorgan:
Nick,
Sounds great...especially saving a good chunk of change!

Enjoy. :D

--- Quote from: Brian Skalinder on June 11, 2003, 02:28:25 AM ---It never ends...

--- End quote ---

I think that's the common theme around here ;D

Nick's Picks:
hmmmm.... the 1.6
I know what you mean.  
if the next house has a big room, i'm so all over those.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version