Gear / Technical Help > Ask The Tapers

Headphone suggestions..

<< < (4/6) > >>

Nick in Edinboro:
Those Etymotic ER-20 ear plugs are nice...  I use them all the time, because at my age (21) I shouldn't have hearing like I do (thanks to loud rock concerts)....

It does help, but while being more "flat" then normal foam plugs they still cut off the top end a little bit for me...  This past weekend I "toured" around with a friends band who has a sax player and noticed how it sounded sorta harsh almost digital when I had my plugs in.. one of the first times I noticed these being not "natural sounding".  At most rock concerts they work fantastic.

Best at keeping those chatty neighbors silent to atleast yourself..

silentmark:

--- Quote from: npsinboro on July 08, 2003, 12:56:34 PM ---Those Etymotic ER-20 ear plugs are nice...  I use them all the time, because at my age (21) I shouldn't have hearing like I do (thanks to loud rock concerts)....

It does help, but while being more "flat" then normal foam plugs they still cut off the top end a little bit for me...  This past weekend I "toured" around with a friends band who has a sax player and noticed how it sounded sorta harsh almost digital when I had my plugs in.. one of the first times I noticed these being not "natural sounding".  At most rock concerts they work fantastic.

Best at keeping those chatty neighbors silent to atleast yourself..

--- End quote ---

While I notice some top end loss whenever I first put them in as well, my ears quickly 'tune' themselves. The result of not wearing them is far worse. Plus when the chatters are in full effect it's nice to have their voices 'disappear' ...

NP -  moe. 9/30/01, yup Nick I am listening to moe., lol ...

super-phat-al:
I like the AKG 240s a lot.  Nice closed sound.  

Nick in Edinboro:

--- Quote ---my ears quickly 'tune' themselves. The result of not wearing them is far worse.
--- End quote ---

Definately!  What I hear at bar band shows especially sounds better with plugs in then out...  It helps to seperate the instruments for me.  One interesting note was that I was hearing the bass "fart" during the second set a lot and when talking to the guy next to me the next day he said he didn't even hear it.. must've been a loud show :)

moe.?  I thought you had recinded yourself to listening to nothing but bluegrass mark ;)  You get a chance to listen to those shows? Get that RRE transfered?  I've got some ADK SC-T samples for ya, but you'll have to come to moe.down to get them (bwahahahahaa..).. ;)

silentmark:

--- Quote from: npsinboro on July 08, 2003, 01:36:28 PM ---
moe.?  I thought you had recinded yourself to listening to nothing but bluegrass mark ;)  You get a chance to listen to those shows? Get that RRE transfered?  I've got some ADK SC-T samples for ya, but you'll have to come to moe.down to get them (bwahahahahaa..).. ;)

--- End quote ---

LOL, yeah according to *certain* individuals bluegrass is all I listen to.
Yeah some folk are completely clueless & are no longer speaking to me, lol. I am kinda suprised that I started listening to that moe. show as I have been in serious Jerry Band mode for the last month. I actually enjoyed the sdb version of it, although I still can't stand Jim, opps did I just say that out loud, lol  :veryevil:

As far as listening to those shows, well I listened to part of the RRE show, then I lent out one of my home decks, the other needs the display fixed. I WON"T play those 90m Sonys in my D8, no way sir. So I am in the middle of them, heh ...

As far as me going to moe.down, com'on you know that is the same time as the south Jersey bluegrass festival and since that is all I listen to nowadaze, I have to go there  :wink2:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version