Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: rig question?  (Read 10790 times)

Offline kennedy

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Lezzy 🔥👁👁🖊🍻😘😷😍😷
rig question?
« on: July 19, 2003, 07:18:50 PM »
finally narrowed it down to two rigs i like after many patches and downloads but dont quite understand them mabye someone out there can help....
Neumann ak40's>LC3KA>KM100>V3
&
Schoeps MK4>KC5>CMC6>V3

ok heres the run down
i understand the caps, mic bodies and preamp but what are the LC3KA and KC5? any info would be great thanks in advance

peace
jk

Offline Lee

• Team Bama
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • "I hate the f***in' eagles, man!"
Re:rig question?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2003, 09:18:16 PM »
active cables between the caps and mic bodies for a lower profile setup.  LC3KA and KC5 are just the respective model numbers of said cables.
Denon AVR 3808ci > Paradigm Reference Studio 20 + Velodyne DLS 3750

DaryanLenz

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2003, 10:54:14 AM »
Get the neumann's.  I think they are all around a little easier to use and pull better tapes outdoors.  But then again, this is all just my opinion.  I like them both, so I got what I call the middle of the two with the gefell's.  Now, if I could just get some damned actives...lemosax anyone?

Daryan

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2003, 11:20:00 AM »
Get the neumann's.  I think they are all around a little easier to use and pull better tapes outdoors.  But then again, this is all just my opinion.  I like them both, so I got what I call the middle of the two with the gefell's.  Now, if I could just get some damned actives...lemosax anyone?

Daryan

I say go with the schoeps, but than again, that is all I use. D...Neuamann pull better tapes outdoors? please explain.
It is company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo - We have to use the indefinite article; "A" dildo, never: "YOUR" dildo.
In Tyler we Trust

And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky is the limit!

My Current Rig:2004 Subaru WRX STI, Stage 3, 360hp, 380lb-ft

Offline John R

• Trade Count: (2)
    • www.tapers.org
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2003, 12:30:41 PM »
creek, you know he got ahead of himself and shouldn't have typed 'outdoors' :smash:

we all live downstream.

DaryanLenz

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2003, 12:34:21 PM »
Schoeps tapes just always seem a little muddy to me when used outdoors.  Then again, maybe I haven't heard the right ones.  I still might get a pair in the future though.  Kris, do you have some decent outdoor's schoeps posted somewhere I could listen to?

Daryan

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2003, 06:03:35 PM »
I was just curious on why you though that. Everyone's ears hear differently. I have a lot of outdoor stuff, all of my GOTV stuff pretty much is off my rig, many others if you are interested.
It is company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo - We have to use the indefinite article; "A" dildo, never: "YOUR" dildo.
In Tyler we Trust

And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky is the limit!

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2003, 06:04:04 PM »
creek, you know he got ahead of himself and shouldn't have typed 'outdoors' :smash:

another funny guy :bigsmile:
In Tyler we Trust

Offline Lee

• Team Bama
  • "I hate the f***in' eagles, man!"
Schoeps v. Neumann
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2003, 06:14:46 PM »
I love watching the battle for second place ;)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2003, 06:15:30 PM by Lee »
Denon AVR 3808ci > Paradigm Reference Studio 20 + Velodyne DLS 3750

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2003, 06:27:46 PM »
personally I find the battle funny. My ears like schoeps, that all that matters to me. What one person thinks sounds good, others think sound like ass.....we all preceive sound differently....thats why its important to pick what your ears like, not what others ears like ;D
In Tyler we Trust

Offline geoff piper

• Taperssection Member
  • I regret selling my rig :(
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2003, 06:29:25 PM »
personally I find the battle funny. My ears like schoeps, that all that matters to me. What one person thinks sounds good, others think sound like ass.....we all preceive sound differently....thats why its important to pick what your ears like, not what others ears like ;D
guy what do schopes run for a set of the cheaper ones? I never really looked

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2003, 06:33:14 PM »
well, with schoeps there really is nothing that qualifies as "cheaper". Their prices just got hiked new. Used ones are around, they still ain't cheap, pair of cmc6 or cmc5's with mk4's will run you about $2100, a little more with the cmc6 bodies. Used you could probably get a pair for around $1800 if they are in good condition.
In Tyler we Trust

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2003, 06:34:02 PM »
cmc6bodiesw/ mk4 (card caps) are 2150 new now, about a year ago, they were only 1845.... ;) 8)
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline geoff piper

• Taperssection Member
  • I regret selling my rig :(
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2003, 06:38:52 PM »
well, with schoeps there really is nothing that qualifies as "cheaper". Their prices just got hiked new. Used ones are around, they still ain't cheap, pair of cmc6 or cmc5's with mk4's will run you about $2100, a little more with the cmc6 bodies. Used you could probably get a pair for around $1800 if they are in good condition.
Thats alot of money... But good mics

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2003, 07:30:14 PM »
hell a year ago I got a pair of cmc5 and mk41's for $1800, now new they are $2460.......grey market will save you about 10%
In Tyler we Trust

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.07 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com