Gear / Technical Help > Ask The Tapers

rig question?

(1/7) > >>

kennedy:
finally narrowed it down to two rigs i like after many patches and downloads but dont quite understand them mabye someone out there can help....
Neumann ak40's>LC3KA>KM100>V3
&
Schoeps MK4>KC5>CMC6>V3

ok heres the run down
i understand the caps, mic bodies and preamp but what are the LC3KA and KC5? any info would be great thanks in advance

peace
jk

Lee:
active cables between the caps and mic bodies for a lower profile setup.  LC3KA and KC5 are just the respective model numbers of said cables.

DaryanLenz:
Get the neumann's.  I think they are all around a little easier to use and pull better tapes outdoors.  But then again, this is all just my opinion.  I like them both, so I got what I call the middle of the two with the gefell's.  Now, if I could just get some damned actives...lemosax anyone?

Daryan

creekfreak:

--- Quote from: The """D""" on July 20, 2003, 10:54:14 AM ---Get the neumann's.  I think they are all around a little easier to use and pull better tapes outdoors.  But then again, this is all just my opinion.  I like them both, so I got what I call the middle of the two with the gefell's.  Now, if I could just get some damned actives...lemosax anyone?

Daryan

--- End quote ---

I say go with the schoeps, but than again, that is all I use. D...Neuamann pull better tapes outdoors? please explain.

John R:
creek, you know he got ahead of himself and shouldn't have typed 'outdoors' :smash:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version