Gear / Technical Help > Ask The Tapers

rig question?

<< < (5/7) > >>

John R:

--- Quote from: creekfreak on July 20, 2003, 08:32:34 PM ---
--- Quote from: Lee on July 20, 2003, 08:16:34 PM ---
--- Quote from: creekfreak on July 20, 2003, 06:27:46 PM ---personally I find the battle funny. My ears like schoeps, that all that matters to me. What one person thinks sounds good, others think sound like ass.....we all preceive sound differently....thats why its important to pick what your ears like, not what others ears like ;D

--- End quote ---

Exactly... I just like to stir the sauce a little between those that take brand loyalty much more seriously than I.  +T for an intelligent assesment, not starting a bitch-fest like the other forum.

--- End quote ---

agreed. I love to watch people talk shit about mics. Most people are never going to change their mind or change someone elses mind, but yet they still argue about it. What some people call muddy, I call warm, and so on. Shit, I see blue, my wife see's purple, individual senses are fascinating, no one sees or hears the same thing.

--- End quote ---

agreed, i love my 184's and i know bro's that would never change from their schemps.  if i move to a LD, i'll move within neumann.  i know what they deliver :headphones: and i love it.  to each his own

jr

Lee:
+T D for 0% brand loyalty!

Matt Quinn:

--- Quote from: creekfreak on July 20, 2003, 06:27:46 PM ---personally I find the battle funny. My ears like schoeps, that all that matters to me. What one person thinks sounds good, others think sound like ass.....we all preceive sound differently....thats why its important to pick what your ears like, not what others ears like ;D

--- End quote ---

Smart man. +T

DaryanLenz:

--- Quote from: Lee on July 21, 2003, 03:21:20 AM ---+T D for 0% brand loyalty!

--- End quote ---

Thanks Lee.  I don't play the brand game...talk the shit about how great my mics are and everyone else's suck.  What a crock.  On any given day, different mics will sound better in different places, the one true thing I have discovered about concert recording.  I even heard a c1000 recording a couple years ago that blew away a dpa source from the same show.  That said, I find that I really like what I like, and that many people really like what they like, and in the end game, that is really all that matters.  My strategy for picking mics was to find ones I liked, and then see if monetarily I could make it happen...and i did.  I would have been happy to run schoeps, neumann's, or dpa's...but I found the steal of the century on what I have, and have always liked a lot!

Daryan lenz

Matt Quinn:
mk41's are hypers, aren't they?
I thought the 21's were the sup-cards.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version