Gear / Technical Help > Ask The Tapers

rig question?

<< < (6/7) > >>

DaryanLenz:
I believe they describe the 41's as super caridiod (hyper) and the mk21 is a sub cardioid cap.  

Daryan

scb:
>>I even heard a c1000 recording a couple years ago that blew away a dpa source from the same show.  <<

well location is key too :)

DaryanLenz:

--- Quote from: scott brown on July 21, 2003, 09:40:22 AM --->>I even heard a c1000 recording a couple years ago that blew away a dpa source from the same show.  <<

well location is key too :)

--- End quote ---

Definately!  I think it is probably one of those rare circumstances where the low end rig outperformed the high end rig, but as you said, location can make all the difference in the world!

daryan

scb:
(i just wanted to argue for arguments sake...hehe)

sure a "low end" rig can sound better than high end, i just have to laugh when people are like "my tape smoked those <insert high end mic here> so my mics are better even though i was FOB and he was in the porta-john in the parking lot!"

hehe.  yes, i'm bored.  

DaryanLenz:
Taping from the portajohn...that is funny.  I have heard several tapes that I thought sounded like they were taped in the bathroom (usually schempz tapes ;D)!  It is rather ammusing when people speak in generalizations about mics, especialy those that have been taping for less than a month.  Plus, I would argue that ones mans smoke is another man's garbage...YMMV (I am bored as hell as well)!  When's lunch already!

Daryan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version