Gear / Technical Help > Ask The Tapers

doin the UA-5 battery thing, any new observations?

(1/3) > >>

1st set only:
first off.....

on that site that has all the directions to build a battery pack for the UA-5 it states that the parts should come to about 40 bucks. Way wrong! I went to RS and the bill came to $84! so the RS is not running any deals currently.
So...... I went to an online battery supplier and picked up one of those 3000mah jobs for 30 bucks charger included. I think there are a few people here that one one, thanks to who ever sent me the link.

here is my question... have there been any improvements to the wiring design on the DIY? any way to power a Jb3 as well?

blu666z:
What all did you get for $84?  When I build the cables it is $13.  I can't imagine battery and charger would run $70.

-Kevin

geoff piper:
I spent 70 at RS, but then i didnt get a chance to make it so I returned it.

Brian Skalinder:

--- Quote from: greatwent on July 21, 2003, 12:10:36 PM ---here is my question... have there been any improvements to the wiring design on the DIY? any way to power a Jb3 as well?
--- End quote ---

Assuming the JB3 can also be run off 9v, you could just wire in parallel a second connector to the battery.  Although I personally think you're better off running two batteries - one for the UA5 and one for the JB3.

FWIW, there've been some rumblings about the JB3 having trouble with external power.  Search around, you'll find the thread.

1st set only:
I was at the counter with 2 1500 batterys, charger and wires.
the 1500's were 25 each. charger was like 13 or so...
so granted I didnt use the batterys listed on jordans site but I dont think that rat shack is the way to go for the cheap.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version