Gear / Technical Help > Post-Processing, Computer / Streaming / Internet Devices & Related Activity

24/96 FLAC/Wavelave issues

(1/3) > >>

Wes:
I have confirmed that there are definately incompatibility probs  somewhere in flac or wavelab or windows xp with playing back 24/96 wav>flac>wav files.  I am getting spikes in every recording that go wav>flac>wav.. these spikes don't reside in the original wav file or in the flac file, only in the decoded flac file and only when played back through wavelab.
Computer guys:  where is the prob?  is it in wavelab or flac or what?  what would fix it?

thanks
Wes

MattD:
What version of the FLAC enc/dec are you using? Does this occur when you decompress these same FLACs on another computer?

-Matt

Wes:
version 1.7.1.  yes.. it is occuring to other people decompressing the same files on other machines

MattD:
Hmm ... the latest version is 1.10. Are you sure you have the right stuff installed? I'd say the problem is with Wavelab if your files play fine in other programs and decompress as bit perfect. As for what the problem is, I have no idea.

Are the spikes showing up in the waveform or do you only hear them and not see them? What version of Wavelab?

Sorry I'm not much more help, but it seems that Wavelab is the problem.

Go to www.mikewren.com/flac if you want to try uninstalling and reinstalling the FLAC engine.

-Matt

dmonterisi:
wes-
which files are you having trouble with?  after i upgraded to the most recent version of flac, i stopped having problems and all of the stuff you sent me that i've decoded is fine.  if you have specific files let me know and i'll try em out.
-damon

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version