Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: stand/setup suggestions?  (Read 2743 times)

Offline monochromic

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
stand/setup suggestions?
« on: September 17, 2004, 10:47:30 PM »
hi all -- i'm looking for a nice stand to use with my schoeps-based rig, i currently have a schoeps ortf bar and am wondering what other pieces i'd need to complete the stand-setup? stand, clamps etc. oh, and it'd need to be shipped to australia. :)

any suggestions/help most appreciated.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2004, 10:52:14 PM by monochromic »
Team Australia
Schoeps MK41/KC5/CMC6xt > Neve Portico 5012 > 722

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: stand/setup suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2004, 10:53:03 PM »
Check the Archival Info forum for a couple posts on popular stand and clamp options.  I like my Bogen 3373 stand, 18" gooseneck extension, and I have several different clamps each of which I like for different reasons.  Your local musician's gear store should have inexpensive, lightweight mic clamps for attaching to stands.  For attaching to larger objects, I like my Bogen Superclamp a lot.  Also, if you don't have one already, consider picking up a DIN or DINA (Kwon)bar from Cascade Media.

Shipping to Australia?  Heh...don't have much experience on that front.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline monochromic

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2004, 02:39:49 AM »
thanks (once again ! :)) for the heads-up brian. i've just been doing a little research in the archival section and, if i've got this right, all i need is:

monfrotto 3373 stand - http://www.cascademedia.net/products.asp?catid=133&prodid=680 and a;
schoeps m100c bar - http://www.cascademedia.net/products.asp?catid=133&prodid=967

only thing i couldn't find was if i needed a thread adapter for mounting the m100c onto the 3373. i'm guessing one will be required?
Team Australia

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2004, 10:41:50 AM »
only thing i couldn't find was if i needed a thread adapter for mounting the m100c onto the 3373. i'm guessing one will be required?

A few things:

• You may want to consider a pair of shockmounts with your M100C mount.
  • Consider the Vark bar instead of the M100C, it slots into a single A20S shockmount (see the pic in the link) and then you only need the SGC mic clips on top of the bar (lower profile).
  • You'll probably need an adapter to go from the 3373 tip to either the Vark or M100C mount.  Which adapter depends on which thread is on the 3373.  My 3373 has a 5/8" stud, so I use this one from the archives:
Model | Starting Thread | Ending Thread

3102  |  5/8" F stud | 3/8" M thread
3366 | 3/8"F | 5/8"M

If you have the 1/4" tip, you'll need this one from the archives:

3111 | 1/4"F | 3/8"M
(new part # for above:  148, per Bogen parts at 201-818-9500, 10/10/2003 - thanks jlykos!)
3366 | 3/8"F | 5/8"M
Roland R-05

Offline monochromic

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2004, 05:14:02 PM »
am i right in saying i could also just pick up an a20s, mount that to the 3373 and slide the ortf bar i already have into the a20s?

it looks like the vark bar/single a20s is the way to go though as it'll offer more configuration options than just being limited to ortf. i do already have a pair of sgc clips, do these just screw straight onto the vark bar? ie, are the threads/sizes compatible?

i'll contact cascade media before i buy the 3373 to confirm thread size and pick up the corresponding adapter.

thanks again brian.
Team Australia

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2004, 05:33:35 PM »
am i right in saying i could also just pick up an a20s, mount that to the 3373 and slide the ortf bar i already have into the a20s?

Yes, that's correct.  This is what I do.  I have an ORTF, DIN, and NOS bar and slide whichever I want to use into the single A20S shockmount.  I keep thinking about getting the Vark bar so I have the ability to run ORTF, DIN, XY, or any other near-coincident variation.  One of these days I'll get around to it.  (Though I believe I'd still have to use the NOS bar since the Vark isn't wide enough to get the spread.)

it looks like the vark bar/single a20s is the way to go though as it'll offer more configuration options than just being limited to ortf. i do already have a pair of sgc clips, do these just screw straight onto the vark bar? ie, are the threads/sizes compatible?

Per the Schoeps and Vark bar pages, both have a 3/8"-16 thread, so yeah - they're compatible.
Roland R-05

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com