Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Stealth Question- SP-BMC-10- anyone?  (Read 2445 times)

Offline sotasty8

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Stealth Question- SP-BMC-10- anyone?
« on: October 10, 2004, 08:40:24 PM »
hey - im a new poster to this site- i have spent hours and hours reading all the stealth mic forums and discussions trying to find the right? setup for me- i have been taping with low end csb's for a few years and purchased a TCD-D100 recently - my questions is two-fold- one, if money is not an object - which stealth mics are the "best"(relative term) for the money- or which set-up in general would be "best"(or highly recommended, as opinions of course vary) -two, has anyone had any experience with the sound pro's bmc-10's, or their " ULTRA PREMIUM AUDIO TECHNICA SUB-MINIATURE CONDENSER BINAURAL MICROPHONES" as they call them - thanks in advance for any help/comments on the subject-

Offline Sean Gallemore

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Stealth Question- SP-BMC-10- anyone?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2004, 09:53:54 PM »
I'm not familiar with Binaural mics at all.

however, if money is no object, I'm a huge fan of the mk41/kcy>lemosax.  the mod460/actives sound nice too

Offline sotasty8

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2004, 02:35:30 AM »
yes - ive heard great things about the shoeps mics, as well as obviously neumann, akg etc, but none of those are reall small enough to be considered stealth are they? - any other feedback would be much appreciated, on the general topic of nice high end stealth mics, as well as the sp-bmc-10 -

Offline Sean Gallemore

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2004, 02:40:42 AM »
yes - ive heard great things about the shoeps mics, as well as obviously neumann, akg etc, but none of those are reall small enough to be considered stealth are they? - any other feedback would be much appreciated, on the general topic of nice high end stealth mics, as well as the sp-bmc-10 -

why aren't they small enough?  How much room do you neeed?

Offline leegeddy

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2004, 02:58:39 AM »

neumann ak## > lc3 > km100 is fine for stealthing. it's obviously larger than the AT mini-mics, but can be easily done.

as for the SP model mics...i'd recommend the CMC2 (AT831 cardioid capsules), the CMC4 (AT853 capsules) or the CMC8 (AT943 capsules).

marc
"I'm a taper, he's a taper. Wouldn't you like to be a taper too?"
"Mics? What mics? This is my hat."

Offline sotasty8

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2004, 03:08:01 AM »
Schwill - i havent actually had any of those mics in my hand - i just meant - they look alot bigger in size than the little core sounds i have now, and when i try and get my rig into venues(esp. with pat downs), it's hard enough with the dat, the battery box, the mics, extra tapes etc...any tips would be great- thanks

Offline Sean Gallemore

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2004, 03:40:01 AM »
Schwill - i havent actually had any of those mics in my hand - i just meant - they look alot bigger in size than the little core sounds i have now, and when i try and get my rig into venues(esp. with pat downs), it's hard enough with the dat, the battery box, the mics, extra tapes etc...any tips would be great- thanks

get buddy buddy with security?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.175 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com