Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: what places have the new Right-Angle Neutriks ?  (Read 6531 times)

Offline sanaka

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Perpetual n00b
    • My first Dead show
Re: what places have the new Right-Angle Neutriks ?
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2007, 11:49:49 PM »
A note on these: The housing can be oriented over 180 degrees in five positions (45 deg increments) relative to the pins. This is cool, but for me it's the wrong 180 degrees  >:(

I started on a couple plain XLR IC's last night w/ them to feed my mixing board, which has the F XLR jacks on its top surface. I wanted RA connectors so the cables would flow off parallel to the board instead of sprouting up out it. The board's jacks are such that in use, the 3 XLR pins make an upside down triangle, like this:

x   x
  x

Well I soldered up and went to slide the housing together so the cables would point straight off the top of my board and NO DICE! They could point straight left, straight right, straight AT ME across the channel strips, or 45 to left or right of straight at me. Totally bass ackwards.  :crazy:

Luckily, it's easy to cut a new notch for the housing's key to slide into, at whatever orientation you want, with a dremel tool. Or even a tiny file would work. Why on earth Neutrik didn't just make all eight 45 degree positions available I don't know. Even just 4 positions NSEW would I think be more useful. My DIY notch is a little sloppy compared tot the factory ones, so the pin assembly will rotate just a couple degrees relative to the housing, but i don't expect that to be a big deal at all.

Anyway, just wanted to give a heads up that these may not do what you thought, but can be made to.

Peace,
Sanaka

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com