Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Batch Photo Editing Keywords & Tags?  (Read 1889 times)

Offline Nate

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • I saw you dancing to Doreatha
Batch Photo Editing Keywords & Tags?
« on: December 09, 2006, 10:25:57 AM »
I am looking for a program that I can batch edit my photos with, keywords and such.

My goal is to be able to insert a bunch of keywords into the jpg images inside a folder.  For example:  If I've taken 50 photos of an event, I'd like to be able batch edit the keywords to reflect the date and any other keywords I so choose for that set of photos.  I'm pretty new to this, but is this possible and if so, any recommendations on a free programs to try this with?

Also, with Google Images and Yahoo Images, if I do insert keywords, load the files onto my Gallery, will those image search engines pick this up?

Thanks,
Nate

Offline phanophish

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • ImageLume Photography
Re: Batch Photo Editing Keywords & Tags?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 02:41:57 PM »
I really like Picasa for basic edits, tags and image cataloging on the PC.   It's also free and since google makes it it ties in well with their photo gallery or has the ability to generate some nice web based galleries with the SimpleViewer pugin.   IPhoto is supposed to be very good if you are a Mac user.

Photo:  Nikon D300, D200, 35mm f/1.8,  50mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8, Nikon 17-55 f/2.8, Sigma 18-50/2.8 Macro, 18-70 f/4.5-5.6, 24-120 f/3.5-5.6 VR, Sigma 10-20 f4-5.6, Nikon 70-200 f/2.8VR, SB-800

Jake: What's this?
Elwood: What?
Jake: This car. This stupid car. Where's the Cadillac? The Caddy? Where's the Caddy?
Elwood: The what?
Jake: The Cadillac we used to have. The Blues Mobile!
Elwood: I traded it.
Jake: You traded the Blues Mobile for this?
Elwood: No. For a microphone.
Jake: A microphone? Okay I can see that.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com